• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New England Rendezvous Location

Coordinator - Matt Hanna (mhanna)
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New England Rendezvous Location

Post by RicM »

Seems to be pretty obvious that most are in favor from the LI, CT, RI area, do we hear any descent?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Daniel Bach
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Keyport, N. J.

Post by Daniel Bach »

Dan B. "Sweet Caroline Albin 36' Trawler
Most of the Albin chatter seems to be from Albin28 owners. Are any Trawler Owners planning on attending the rendezvous? We have been to both Essex & Coecles Harbor. They are both nice, but Essex is closer to our New Jersey Raritan Bay homeport. Let us know when the voting is.
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

New England Rendezvous update:
On 11/23 based on the Feedback from this thread, a few emails and the fact that I could not get some responses from the other options I have made the decision to lock in Coecles Harbor Marina for the weekend of 7/23. I am sorry not to run the vote for those of you who wanted it but was finding that timing and trying to get answers was not going to make the vote very practical.

I wanted to make sure everyone was as aware as possible and here is what we have so far:

Albin Owners Group has the weekend of 7/23 (and I know many may reserve days before and after). The 2011 rates are $3.50/ft for slips and $1.50/ft for moorings. There will be a 10% discount because of the group and they would take a $25 deposit for reservations. They will reserve the bookings on that weekend for AOG members from now until May 20th and I think that is very reasonable but dont wait till the very end if you can help it.
I will be updating with any additional info as soon as I can. They can be contacted at 631-749-0700.

Thanks,
Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

So just to be sure I understand, Coecles is willing to block out all transient slips for AOG until May to give us the best chance of getting a slip for our event. Correct? Is so, WOW, that is cool. But still, no reason to wait. I know the $25 deposit is transferable to a different date in case you have a change of plans after reserving..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Yes, sorry if I was not clear they locked in that weekend for us, ie.. they will only take reservations from AOG members up to May 20th then that weekend is open to anyone until they fill up.
I do not expect anyone to be turned down if you advise them that you are with AOG, but if you do have an issue let me know and I will see what I can do.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
Homeinstead28
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Homeinstead28 »

Matt count us in. We enjoyed Essex last year, looking forward to Coecles Hardor.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Homeinstead28 wrote:Matt count us in. We enjoyed Essex last year, looking forward to Coecles Hardor.
I don't know John, I think there is a rule somewhere that if you only have 9 posts you're not allowed to attend a second rendezvous :(
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

ctlionsden
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ctlionsden »

Count us in at Shelter Island. We enjoyed the last rendezvous at Essex, especially meeting everyone our first time out on "TOGETHER" and as AOG members!.

Dering Harbor, another part of the island, was a favorite when we cruised with our kids. We often thought about spending a weekend at Coecles Harbor Marina. As others have said, it's a great location to jump off for Montauk, Block, The Vineyard or just some great fishing spots. Can't go wrong with Essex Island for one weekend in a summer, either, though.

Hope to see everybody in July.

Thanks, Matt, for taking this on. You've already shown you're bound to make the weekend a great success!

Regards to all,

Lyn & Lionel
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

As a new member to the AOG we look forward to the reunion. My wife and I just purchased a 28 TE. We have been to Coecles may times over the years and have always had a great time. I look forward to joining your group in July. We don't even have a name for the boat yet. Definitely work in progress.

Max T
1998 28TE 6LP
Great South Bay
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
Dave39
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pilots Point North Yard Westbrook, CT

Post by Dave39 »

Coecles Harbor Marina is a fine choice. It's small, as previously stated, but the people there are always helpful and nice. They also rent bikes for trips to the central town, or to the Heights though that's quite a trip. Try to come in on the higher part of the tide as it's pretty shallow if you've not been there. The entrance to the Harbor is deceiving as well. The Harbor has decent holding for rafting, and because it's a no wake zone it's pretty relaxing with clean water and cold beer. How did that get in there? Ann and I will be at Block, then stopping at Montauk, then maybe Sag or West Neck before coming into Coecles. Sounds like another good time was had by all.
Dave Sieben (Dave39)
Hideaweigh
1998 31TE Cummins 450
203-640-6127
203-843-2578
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Dave39 wrote:... before coming into Coecles. Sounds like another good time was had by all.
Great to see you plan to attend Dave. Was a little worried that the NY location might result in a loss of a some of our folks from the other side of the Sound.

Yes the dogleg coming into the harbor needs to be followed by staying in the darker green deep water than flows naturally through the channel opening.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

jetboatdale
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Calverton n.y.

Post by jetboatdale »

Can I come?
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

There has been prior discussion on Non-Albins attending. Will have to research that. Maybe coordinator Matt will chime in. :D

You would make an excellent high-speed ferry service from Shelter Island to all surrounding ports!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

jetboatdale
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Calverton n.y.

Post by jetboatdale »

Hi speed ferry is a good reason to. I was thinking more of the entertainment factor, tubing, skiing, ect. I can hold 10 including myself.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I will watch this thread as it develops. We like Coecles a lot and would consider heading over that weekend IF there were going to be a raftup in the anchorage at some time during the weekend. (Sorry but $140 per day in the marina is not in my boating budget for the upcomming season, trying to save for retirement next year). 8)
Heck we might go anyway as Coecles is one of our favorites.
I might even anchor just outside the marina
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Fifth Annual North East AOG Rendezvous - 2011”