• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wrap Up 2012 North East Rendezvous

Coordinator - Dave Sieben (dave39)

Moderator: DougSea

Dave39
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pilots Point North Yard Westbrook, CT

Wrap Up 2012 North East Rendezvous

Post by Dave39 »

The 2012 NE AOG Rendezvous at Essex Island marina got rained on, however it did not dampen our spirits and I think it is safe to say a good time was had by all!

11 boats attended plus owners from 3 other boats stopped by to visit during the weekend.

Our "meet and greet" happy hour on Friday was great, especially after someone had the bright idea to move things into the shade - though the heat forced everyone to concentrate on staying hydrated - or at least consuming as many liquids as possible!! It was fun to catch up with old friends, meet new ones and enjoy good company and good food.

Saturday, the weatherman failed to predict that "rain" was in the forecast for most of the day, so we had to cancel the traditional afternoon raft up and swim at Hamburg Cove. The afternoon was quiet - as everyone patiently waited for the rain to stop (it was a lot more than a drizzle!) - however, it never really did stop. So, eventually everyone decided it was time to get wet and bring everything up to the pavilion to start the evening festivities. Luckily, grilling under the tent went without incident, and the tables where everyone was sitting stayed dry so we could enjoy a fun evening of abundant, good food and great dialogue. As a little diversion, we held a silent auction to raise funds for the AOG (aka, John Collins and the expenses related to the web site and all the things he contributes to the Rendezvous gatherings around the country). We really appreciate everyone's help and generosity in making the evening a big success and hope that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Awards were given to:
Craig and Jane on "Highlander" for traveling the farthest from homeport to attend - Mantoloking, NJ

Carl and Diane on "Froggy" for having the oldest boat - 1983

Ernie on "Blast" for owning his Albin the longest - 1988

It has been a pleasure to serve as coordinators for the 2012 NE AOG Rendezvous.
It's an easy job with such good people in the group.

Best wishes for enjoying the rest of the 2012 boating season.
Lets hope Mother Nature gives us good boating weather well into the fall.

We have passed the banner to Garth and Kim on Endurance and look forward to seeing everyone next year at the 2013 NE Rendezvous.

Safe Travels & Tight Lines
Dave & Ann
Dave Sieben (Dave39)
Hideaweigh
1998 31TE Cummins 450
203-640-6127
203-843-2578
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Re: Wrap Up 2012 North East Rendezvous

Post by mhanna »

Although the sun did not come out much on Saturday and Sunday the rendezvous was a success. Many spent time out of the rain on other boats meeting new members, catching up or looking for ideas to improve our own boats.
Fridays meet and greet worked out perfect once the shade came :wink:
Saturday evenings get together worked out excellent ! Once under the tent snacking, drinking, barbequing & conversations went on without the weather dampening the spirits.

Every year we meet a great group of people and this was no exception, when we leave we say what a wonderful time we had and that we should not wait a whole year to do it again.

My thanks go out to Dave and Ann for pulling this together and for all attending.

Matt & Janet
2001 28TE - Doghouse
Dave39
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pilots Point North Yard Westbrook, CT

Post by Dave39 »

Lots of fun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dave Sieben (Dave39)
Hideaweigh
1998 31TE Cummins 450
203-640-6127
203-843-2578
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

We enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks for setting this up. We hope to attend next year.
Jack and Barbara
Kokomo
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Thanks again Dave & Ann and a big thank you to Joncat and Mary for handing over the 2 bottles of booze as they pulled out and thank you to Cliff and Jackie on Retriever for the use of their mooring in Dutch Harbor, what a priceless location!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Glad it went well and all had a good time. Perhaps we can make it next year depending on what our cruising plans are.
After all someone has to launch the wish lanterns. 8)
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

jleonard wrote:Glad it went well and all had a good time. Perhaps we can make it next year depending on what our cruising plans are.
After all someone has to launch the wish lanterns. 8)
Well don't elect Jay & Deb as coordinators, or we'll all be heading up to Canada :shock:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Froggy »

Froggy made it back home safely Sunday after the rendz-vous. Perfect ocean and favorable currents going by Fisher's. We were doing over 19 knots there for a while.

Thanks to Dave and Ann for organizing! Great job of impromtu adjusting for the rain!

Thanks to Rob for helping fix the overflow tube on my cooling system and for all who gave advice on the A/C system. All working perfectly now (I did replace the cooling hose with a new one as a precaution).

If any are up Riverside way, give me a shout and we'll meet you for a beer!

The attached pic of the shark watermelon is pretty funny. One of the great memories of the trip. Love it!
P1010708.jpg
Carl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Froggy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Froggy »

Hey Dave, Froggy is old but she's 1993 not '83 ;-)

Carl
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Various shots throughout the weekend.
First was the rain...
2001 28TE - Doghouse
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

Glad to hear you all had a good time, in spite of the weather. That's a coordinator's worst nightmare. We had a weather event at the Chesapeake Rendezvous. It was short but fierce. A classic Chesapeake Bay line squall at its best. Horizontal rain, 60 knot winds, and lightening like the Fourth of July fireworks. We all came through unscathed, and the rest of the weekend went great. It's important to note that a friend of one of our group got in his car, drove to the marina, and warned us of the approaching storm. Without that warning, things might not have gone as well. I also had to create another award. John Stout on White Heron was awarded the Paul Revere Award. The storm was late and most had gone to bed. I awoke to him banging on Quest yelling "the British are coming" or something like that. He made sure everyone was secure before the storm hit. Thanks again, John.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Some photos.

Doghouse running through the rips south of Paradise Pt in Southold:
DSCN9121.JPG
DSCN9123.JPG
Doghouse & T-R opted to spend Thursday night at Mitchell in Greenport:
DSCN9134.JPG
Endurance pulling into EIM ahead of us (well not really I think I cut him off :D ):
DSCN9289.JPG
Crew of T-R and HomeInstead:
DSCN9336.JPG
DSCN9338.JPG
The coordinators Dave & Ann depart SX on Monday:
DSCN9320.JPG
After SX we met up with Ric & Karen south of Mystic and ran to Pt Judith Pond for a night on the hook:
DSCN9356.JPG
DSCN9422.JPG
P7300094.JPG
Cocktails on the bridge make for a much better view than the cockpit of a 28TE!:
P7300115.JPG
After Pt Judith we accepted Cliff & Jackie's offer to use thier mooring in Dutch Harbor:
P7310154.JPG
DSCN9489.JPG
The Capt had to make sure she had proper ground tackle:
DSCN9497.JPG
Then off to a town mooring in Newport for a few days:
DSCN9729.JPG
A cruise ship anchored on the other side of Goat Island so we dinghied over for some free icecream:
DSCN9638.JPG
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Cliff Deinert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by Cliff Deinert »

Hi everyone,

This is Cliff, Jackie & dogs (Jake & Riley). We had a wonderful time meeting all of you at the Essex Rendezvous. We also enjoyed the Essex facility so much that we stayed a full week. Great fun. Hope we can join you again next year.

Posting a few Pics (can't let Rob outdo me...).

Cliff & Jackie Deinert
RETRIEVER
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Post by rcornejo »

Hello Everyone,

Those are some great pictures. I wish I lived close to you all to join in on the fun! I live in deep South Texas so it is hard from me to make these trips.

Thanks for sharing.
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I grabbed photos from this thread and created an album. You can view from the home page or here is a direct link. http://albinowners.net/2012ne

If you have some photos to add, please email to jcollins AT albinowners.net
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Sixth Annual North East AOG Rendezvous 2012”