• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

The Order of the Slotted Spoon

Coordinator - Lou Bennett (loubennett)

Moderator: DougSea

loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

The Order of the Slotted Spoon

Post by loubennett »

This year we are inaugerating an annual award. Its really the second year, but this year begins a perpetual trophy to be held by the winning boat.

The award will be made to the boat with the most innovative use for a standard piece of boat equipment or the most innovative custom modification. Last year the winner was Blue Bay Ewe for their use of a bait table as a very well stocked cockpit bar. The winner this year will be inducted into the Order of the Slotted Spoon and given custody of the spoon until next year's rendezvous.

The Slotted Spoon was left by it's owner at last year's rendezvous and I announce that it would be turned into a trophy if it was not claimed. It turned out that it belonged to Chuck and Deb on Blue Bay Ewe, but they graciously agreed to donate it. This was particularly appropriate since they were the winners of the first award in this category.

Judging will be at the sole discretion of the rendezvous coordinator. I also reserve the right to modify the category definition as appropriate. If you feel you have a potential winning entry, be sure to bring it to my attention anytime before the Saturday cookout.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: The Order of the Slotted Spoon

Post by jcollins »

I don't think I was drunk. I may have been breaking up a dog fight or yelling at that guy, but I don't remember the slotted spoon being passed on?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Sixth Annual Chesapeake AOG Rendezvous 2012”