• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wondering About The Lack of Post Here

Coordinator - Dave Kircher (DKircher)

Moderator: DougSea

dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Arrangements for the 2012 Pacific Northwest Rendezvous

Post by dkircher »

Hi all,

Howard is doing great work getting our Rendezvous off the ground. He and I are now leaning toward July since some potential participants wanted to avoid August. Howard and I will be meeting in Anacortes soon, at Cap Sante Marina, to investigate costs and available dates and post the specifics here. I believe that our rendezvous should be a family event.

In the meantime, those of you interested in the rendezvous, please let us know:

1. Is Cap Sante an acceptable location?

2. Is your preference July or August?

3. Should the rendezvous be for two nights (Friday and Saturday)?

We would also like your suggestions for events. John Collins has offered in the past to give us ideas and support as well. I am thinking we would have at least one potluck dinner. And, of course a happy hour or two. I'll look over the east coast rendezvous schedules to get more ideas.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Anacortes.

Best wishes, Dave
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: Wondering About The Lack of Post Here

Post by joreyn »

I think Cap Sante is a good idea. We are planning to go up to desolation sound in the summer, probably leaving around the middle of July. Something during the first part of July might work well for us, as we would probably already be heading that direction.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Anthony 1013: Why don't you plan to come even if the boat is away? There are ample nearby places to stay over night at Cap Sante. We may be able to get a barge for our central meeting place if others are not ahead of us. Dave will be looking into that possibility when we can get there together soon.
whwells "Howard"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Well, Cap Sante probably wouldn't be my first pick. It's a good stopping-off/provisioning point, but not much of a destination in and of itself. Point Hudson in Port Townsend is a favorite for owners rendezvous'. However, it does require crossing the straight for those coming from the north (or for those heading north after), and requires a lot of advance planning if we will be a large group.

Unless we expect a strong Canadian contingent, I would do something a little farther South. Of course Gig Harbor is convenient for me and some others down here. And it is an excellent spot, but might be a little too far south to attract a large group. Other options include Blake Island, Poulsbo, Port Ludlow...the list goes on, of course.

The important thing is that something is selected and scheduled sooner rather than later. If that is Cap Sante, I am quite fine with it and will make every effort to get up there for the event.

Return to “Second Annual Pacific Northwest AOG Rendezvous - 2012”