How do you attach photographs

Post some pics of your Albin
cork
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Galveston, Texas

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:53 am

I need somple instructins on attaching photographs.

Thanks

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 am

I am replying to your post in the Full Editor & Preview mode, not Quick Reply.

I will add a picture, so I scroll down to and click on Attachments.

I browse the pictures on my computer, already downloaded onto the computer and find one I want to post. I have not closed the Reply window and the pics are browsed in a small screen off to the side, on top of, the Reply window.

I drag and drop the picture into the Reply. You'll know you are doing it correctly when the dashed lines show up in your reply. Drag the pic into the dashed area and release it.

There are other ways of doing this, but I will trip over my fingers and need a stiff drink to try to explain it by typing.

Look below, scroll down a bit and you'll see blue bar that lists FILENAME, FILE COMMENT, SIZE, STATUS. Just below that you will see your computer's description of the picture you just dragged into your reply. Under file comment, write a brief description or witty saying.

Now, place the curser in the reply screen, the icon, bar or whatever that shows where you are on the screen...place it where you want the picture to show up.

Here...then down below, click on the Place inline box and Viola!
IMG_0911.JPG
Then click on Preview and see what happens. If you are happy with it and/or need to make any changes to your message, do it now and Preview it again BEFORE you hit Submit. (Not to alarm you, you can also edit it after you post it.)

Click, Submit and there you go.

(If your pictures are too big datawise, try making them smaller, another whole topic. If they turn out sideways, welcome to the group. I still have issues with that one. Also, videos don't work in this format, yet another whole topic.)

I hope this helps. I am just a regular guy, no computer whiz; smarter folks must be rolling their eyes at my explanation, which I hope doesn't mislead you.

GOOD LUCK!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cork
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Galveston, Texas

Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:05 pm

Thanks Willie

DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:09 pm

I would only add that you can arrange your photos within the text of your posting (or reply to an existing thread) by placing the text cursor where you want the picture to appear & clicking the "Place Inline" button on the blue file status bar. On those sideways photos, anyone reading the post can click on the pictures for an enlarged full screen view which also turns the photos right side up, and then click your back button to get back to the normal view. I wish we could post videos too, but for now the best you can do is to have a YouTube account & copy/paste links to your published videos like this, which for example this one I shot of the nightly sunset flag lowering ceremony at Roche Harbor marina on San Juan Island in Washington during our 2014 Pacific NW Albin cruise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwqlvuPcksU&t=8s

The flags flown over Roche Harbor include their house flag, Washington State flag, Canadian flag, and the UK Union Jack, and of course the Stars & Stripes. The reason for flying the British flag is that San Juan Island was once jointly occupied by British & U.S. troops during the 19th century "Pig War" period. And of course the Canadians are our beloved neighbors just a stone's throw across Haro Strait.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

ednlorna
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Port St. John, FL

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:43 pm

WillieC posted:

(If your pictures are too big datawise, try making them smaller, another whole topic. If they turn out sideways, welcome to the group. I still have issues with that one. Also, videos don't work in this format, yet another whole topic.)

Amen, Brother! I wasted some hours try to load pix. I even joined a new file sharing service.

It finally dawned on me that mine was way too large and that was the problem. (That's what she said!) ;0)

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:18 am

Ed, it was your comment that reminded to include it in my post for cork. John Collins and the Masters who set up and run AOG have made a pretty usable system for fogeys like us. I left out a lot of information, since I was already over my head in geek-speak. There are a few gotchas, like the too big pictures, that are easy to overlook.

Still, think back how many (actually how few) years when none of this was even possible. I like to think I invented email way back in the 60s. I have two deaf brothers and we finally entered the modern era when we got a TTY machine for my oldest brother. It was basically a teletype machine about the size of a dorm refrigerator, with a receptacle with two rubber cups for jamming the receiver into. High. Tech. I was enthralled watching someone hunt and peck on the other end and here it comes through the telephone wires right into our house! Trouble was, it was all in real time, so any long distance charges applied. Which you can imagine was not acceptable in the house of two children of the depression. And we had a four-party line. So, I thought, why can't you just type a letter in the gizmo and not dial the number until you are ready to deliver the whole thing? Then send it at light speed and hang up! The other end can do the same thing! I was ten years old! Me and Al Gore! Amazing technology.

So, cork! Let's see some pictures!

jcollins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Baltimore

Thu May 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Thanks everyone. We are moving this to the photos forum and making it a sticky.
John
28 TE Convertible "Afterglow" is for sale

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:49 am

Just because I'm from Hood C Anal... this topic was moved to "Pictures" forum.

jcollins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Baltimore

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:11 am

WillieC wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:49 am
Just because I'm from Hood C Anal... this topic was moved to "Pictures" forum.
Now, that's funny.
John
28 TE Convertible "Afterglow" is for sale

Return to “Pictures”

• Information