Sea Symphony A25 in Wales

Post some pics of your Albin
DCatSea
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Deale MD

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Steve - sounds like you "did the Bay" last year. This is going to be our first full year here, and wee are going to make the most of it. We are both working "as required" now, which is a whole lot better than it sounds, and gives us quite a lot of time to play with our toys. HeiniRetirement will probably come next year, about a week before we set off on "the big trip", wherever that will be.
We won't be trailering, but the A27 can get to places other boats can't reach (should have named her Heineken) and with the dink and a kayak we should pretty much unstoppable.
Maybe we'll bump into you somewhere in the great wide spaces of this country.
Doug
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Zodiac 9' HP
Tribe 9.5 yak
Rockhold Creek, Deale MD

DCatSea
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Deale MD

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Mike,
Thanks for the follow up - I am also a template guy, and your paper plots sound somewhat similar to mine (I once retiled the kitchen using water-colored 4x4 cards to check if we could live with the colour/design - but SWMBO eventually made me put real tile in)
I am seriously looking into rebuilding the helm station this year, and expect to mock up first in plywood, then move to 1/2 inch Oak board once everything is in place. (Teak board is too expensive and too difficult to find - even online).
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Zodiac 9' HP
Tribe 9.5 yak
Rockhold Creek, Deale MD

smacksman
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Sold in New Orleans

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:09 am

Steve,
DesertAlbin736 and crew are more than welcome to stay with us anytime in our modest semi-detached home. Hope you like dogs - our two labs will lick you to death! Just Google for CO63RL and you'll see our little village of Aldham.
No boat to swap as my 1870 gaffer is needing some more loving but here she is with friends in better times :-
https://youtu.be/PLOeF8MbQoA
1983 Albin 27fc 'Free State' with Lehman 4D61- now sold.

kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Sun May 01, 2016 11:10 pm

Nice to see a Welsh boat. I was born in Ynysybwl and lived in Pontypridd until I was 9. Still have relatives over there. Cousins in Aberaeron and Cardiff. Haven't been back in about 15 years. My Cardiff cousin will be here in Denver next week.

Return to “Pictures”

• Information