Ticaboo coming back to Michigan from Page AZ....

Post some pics of your Albin
markdbecker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Higgins Lake, Michigan

Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:12 pm

DSC_4535.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ticaboo
1970 Albin 25 series 2 #575
Yanmar 3GM30F
Residence: Jackson, Michigan
Homeport: Higgins Lake, Michigan & beyond

WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Great pic! I love the beach lander mode with the ladder off the front. Around here, the hull would be gone by morning scraped into oblivion by the oyster mounds and never ceasing tidal action.
I have read of bunks or logs that folks lean their boats onto in tidal waters for quick bare hull exposed repairs. Would love to see pictures of how that is done.
Thank you Mark.

Bearkeley
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Ophelia, VA

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Great picture! Would love to hear more about your trip...do you have a blog or other way you're willing to share? New to cruising so interested in learning more...cruising on an Albin, even more interesting! Thanks!
'Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Ophelia, Virginia

markdbecker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Higgins Lake, Michigan

Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:26 pm

I am the 4th owner of Ticaboo. The original owner Bud Neidhamer (Petoskey, Michigan) purchased her in January 1970 for 8,900 which included the shipping cradle. The 2nd owner Jim Merrill and Ada Hatch purchased her in July 1991. They had a place on 8 mile island in the UP here in Michigan but lived in Page Arizona. Jim and Ada pulled her to Page. Dave Pape (Page Az) purchased her in October 2008 and did a complete renovation on her which he completed in April 2009. I purchased her in October 2016. I had been looking for a Albin 25 for About 3 years. drove about 4000 miles round trip to pick her up. Was worth the drive. Dave Pape has a Blog on Ticaboo you can see it here http://ticabootravels.blogspot.com/.
Ticaboo
1970 Albin 25 series 2 #575
Yanmar 3GM30F
Residence: Jackson, Michigan
Homeport: Higgins Lake, Michigan & beyond

DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:37 am

Yes, finding an Albin 25 is worth the effort of an exhaustive search and a long drive. We first learned about Albin 25's when I ran across a 1977 DeLuxe listed for sale on criagslist in El Mirage, AZ in 2012 while first thinking about transitioning from sail to power. It was being kept in storage at a RV storage yard. We didn't end up getting that one, but there was another one parked in that same storage yard, which may or may not have been Ticaboo? Imagine that, two Albin 25's parked in the same yard. At the time I didn't appreciate the significance of seeing two in one state, let alone both being parked in the same yard. Whichever boat that other one was, it wasn't for sale at the time, and the one we looked at and passed on sold to an out of state buyer two weeks later. But the seed was planted and the search was on, and two years later we found the one we now own up in Idaho, 850 miles from home.
Albin (1280x960).jpg
0306141616.jpg
Some issues with the engine's cooling system that have since been corrected prevented us from doing anything other than going straight from the ramp to the marina and back, and we have not returned to boat on Lake Powell since, even though it's 260 miles from home and we passed by it twice on our way to Bellingham, WA in 2014 & again in 2016.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “Pictures”

• Information