• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Chesapeake gathering

Coordinator: Tinsley Meekins and Lou Bennett
glast
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Wash DC

Chesapeake gathering

Post by glast »

I was hoping to see the beginning of some sort of 2015 rendezvous. I am new to the site with a 1998 Albin 28 TE. Any hope of a gathering this year?
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Chesapeake gathering

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We may be on the Chesapeake for a while this summer, probably for a couple weeks or so, maybe longer, in late June or early July. I would be interested in hooking up with other Albin 25 owners if there are any in the area. Last summer we attended the Pacific Northwest Rendezvous in Roche Harbor, WA, but only one other 25 was there and a couple 27s, the rest were the bigger sport fishers and trawlers. We spent six weeks last summer cruising the San Juans and Canadian Gulf Islands.

Our plan for this coming summer is to trailer our boat from Phoenix, AZ (too hot to boat here during summer) to Rhode Island with a short cruise on the Erie Canal along the way. After a week or two (no set schedule after arriving in New England) in the Block Island Sound area, put "La Dolce Vita" back on the trailer and head for Barnegat Bay in NJ. Would like to be in Barnegat for 4th of July fireworks, as that's where I was raised. After a few days or so there, boat goes back on the trailer and head down to Maryland, maybe put in at Solomons on the Patuxent.

Have cruised there before with a Montgomery sailboat owners group in 2002. Some of my pictures from that rendezvous are posted here:

http://msog.org/trippics/cb2002/cb2002.cfm

When my late parents retired they moved to Southern Delaware, and my dad became involved with Nanticoke River Yacht Club in Blades, DE. I hope to pay NRYC a visit by boat, chugging up river from Vienna to the Blades Marina.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Hope to be relocating a 27FC to the middle Bay in or around April/May. Would enjoy meeting other Chesapeake Albineers at a gathering/raftup.

Is there anything in the pipeline, maybe in the Fall?
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Hope to be relocating a 27FC to the middle Bay in or around April/May. Would enjoy meeting other Chesapeake Albineers at a gathering/raftup.
How far up in the Middle Bay? Eastern Shore or Western Shore? As previously posted, we'll be launching our A25 on the Nanticoke in Blades, DE sometime in late June or early July & spend a few weeks on the Bay until it gets too hot & muggy.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “Ninth Annual Chesapeake Rendezvous - 2015”