• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2015 Rendezvous

Coordinator: John Reynolds (joreyn)
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: 2015 Rendezvous

Post by joreyn »

Howard, the main issue is your beam.

I actually have a 50 ft slip reserved for you at present. But, I plan to move you to a 40 so you can be next to the rest of us. I believe that your beam is 14. If I can put you in next to a boat with a 12 ft boat we'll be good.

Overhang isn't an issue on the guest dock. There is a big turning basin in there because of the fuel dock.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

John: Sounds good. Let's do the 40'
Howard
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We enjoyed meeting folks at the 2014 Roche Harbor rendezvous last July, however we will not be attending the next one. While we may end up back in the San Juans again this year we are also considering skipping the NW altogether in 2015 in favor of trailering back East this summer to meet some friends from our local sailing club who have a beach house in Rhode Island and doing the Erie Canal in NY on the way out and some ICW down the coast on the way back, though perhaps not all of the "Great Loop". Especially if diesel fuel prices stay at or below $3. That's the advantage of the A25 over larger boats in that we can go anywhere we want on any lake, river, or coastal area, East, West, North or South. With enough free time available as retirees for extended road trips the cost of fuel for the tow vehicle still leaves us way ahead compared to the cost of chartering. And we can go boating on the local lake all winter here in Arizona as we did just last weekend, no need to lay up and shrink wrap the boat for the season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

We enjoyed meeting you last summer. Wherever your plans take you, have fun!
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

DesertAlbin736a: We are sorry to hear you will not make it this year. Did enjoy meeting with you last summer and have your attendance.
It does sound like you have a thoughtful alternative that will be fun as well. Keep us in mind for your next trip to the PNW.
whwells "Howard"
Gmschuler
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Edmonds

Post by Gmschuler »

Happy New Year everyone. I hope everyone had a great holiday season. It looks like Stephanie and I have a scheduling conflict on Friday January 23rd so unfortunately we will not be able to join you for the dinner. At this point we do plan on being at Edmonds in July. although I have not see the new 2015 fishing regulations I believe that will be the opening weekend for King Salmon in area 9 and I do plan on fishing some. Fron the Kingston Marina fishing is within 10 to 20 minutes run.

Question regarding the slip length, out TE-31 is actually 34'. What size slip will,they want us in?

Let me know if I can help with any of the plans this year. Pig roast sounds good. I wish we had a corporate sponsor but that is kind of hard without a boat manufacturer with a vested interest. No matter, we will,have a great time.

Talk to you soon.
GO HAWKS!
Greg & Stephanie Schuler
2002 31 TE
Blue Heron
Port of Edmonds
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

We will miss you. Yes you'll be able to fish right out front. You'll be in a 30. Recommend going in stern first.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
valtrent

Post by valtrent »

Trents plan to be there to foul the slip again in Reel Flyer! See you all soon, or at the boat show.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Val and Alice, great to hear you are coming. Do I recall correctly that you are a 31?
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
valtrent

Post by valtrent »

joreyn wrote:Val and Alice, great to hear you are coming. Do I recall correctly that you are a 31?
That is correct, a 31. Understand I need to call Kingston to reserve the slip, correct? :shock:
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Correct. You can go into a 30.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
A&TFraser
Mate
Mate
Home Port: April Point, Quadra Island

Post by A&TFraser »

Hi John, I called the Port of Kingston today and booked a 30' slip for the 2015 Rendezvous. Thank you for letting us be a part of what we're sure is going to be a great time. Andy&Tasha Fraser (Before Eight)
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

I called the Port of Kingston today and reserved slip 24 in hopes that I can make this years event.

Can't wait for summer!

Anthony
MadMoney
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Terrific. We'll look forward to seeing you there!
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Greetings NW Albin Owners,

A number of you have already reserved a slip for our July Rendezvous in Kingston. Thank you. We discussed the rendezvous at our dinner meeting at the Boat Show. This promises to be a great event.

If you weren't at the dinner and/or haven't reserved your Kingston Slip, I am repeating the basic information below. I'll also send an email to those who I have an address for. Based upon our discussion at the Boat Show dinner, some owners don't frequent the AOG site. Hard to believe, isn't it?

Our Rendezvous coordinator, John, has procured 15 slips in the Kingston Marina for our rendezvous. They are as follows: 5 @ 40 feet - which will accommodate any 36ETs or 35TEs, as well as Howard's new Sabre; and 10 @ 30 feet which will hold any boats 32 feet or less. The dates are: arriving Friday 7/17 and departing 7/19. He has paid a deposit to hold these slips, but you will need to contact the Port of Kingston (360) 297-3545 to confirm your reservation, including paying one nights moorage. The block of slips is reserved under the name PNW Albin Owners. Please notify John once you have done that, as he is going to need to provide the Port with slip assignments

If you would like to arrive a day or two early (or depart late), that should not be a problem, but be sure to identify yourself as part of the group so that you have the best chance of going into (or remaining in) the slip that is reserved for you.

The slips have 30 amp power (John believes there is 50 amp in some of the larger slips). There are nice washroom/shower/laundry facilities on shore. Fuel is available and is pretty reasonable. Pump-out is done from your slip. Picnic/barbecue facilities in the one-acre manicured park just ashore, as well as a picnic shelter on the dock. The marina staff is really attentive, so if you need anything, just ask.

The Edmonds-Kingston ferry dock is immediately adjacent to the marina, so if you want to take an excursion over to Edmonds, just walk on the ferry. Lots of good restaurants and artsy shops over there. Groceries, hardware, a bakery, and a new Micro brewery are in town in Kingston, and you can borrow the Port's cute little electric car to get there - or it's a 1/2 mile walk. Bank of America and Columbia Bank have branches in the town.

Of course, owners and prospective owners are welcome to attend the event by car. We don't want anyone to miss out on the fun.

We will post more information on the events and entertainment as the date approaches. My thanks to John for the great work he has done with the rendezvous logistics.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner

Return to “Fifth Annual PNW Rendezvous - 2015”