• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 TE

Wink
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Wink »

I should have looked at "end of season totals' as John suggested before my last post. The numbers look a lot better. I never looked at the end of season total for my boat. When I would take a one to two week trip I just calculated the distance vs fuel and it came out 2mpg. 80-90% of the time was at cruising speed. Since the twin 130's were natural I could have run a little slower and possibly up the milage to 2.5 or even 3. I really don't know since I never tried. So far, if I decide to buy a smaller boat the 28TE is in the lead. Thanks again for the info.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Auto Pilot

Post by RicM »

I did a Furuno 510 because the boat came with all Furuno NavNet 1 & 2. There are cheaper brands that many say are just as good.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Yeah, planing hulls use substantially more fuel than displacement hulls at just about any speed. The advantage is that they are actually capable of going faster than hull speed, and are often more seaworthy in certain conditions.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”