• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

TV wiring

jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

TV wiring

Post by jumpjet231 »

I have a empty space on my DC panel (Vacu Flush). I am mounting my LCD on an articulating arm off the side of the microwave cabinet over the quarterberth. Is there an easy way to run wires from the microwave up to the DC panel? I was hoping for some time saving tips before I do it the hard way.
Whit
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: TV wiring

Post by RicM »

You didn't mention which boat you have, but on the 28TE there is a trim panel that runs horizontally along that back wall. It is attached to the back wall with 3 screws covered with upholstered buttons. Pop the buttons off. Remove the panel, string your wires with that bundle though the bulkhead back to the area behind the electrical panel. You will also want to run some coax for the antenna or cable hookup. I put a cable hookup panel back near the shore power input.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

I have an '04 28 flush deck. Are you talking about the ceiling panel under the electrical panel? I tried to get a couple different ones off today and gave up because none wanted to come off easily.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

No, on the engine box version there is a 5 inch wide panel that goes from the side of the microwave enclosure aft to the bulkhead along the outside of the cabin. I did not even really notice it at first, but it is the conduit for all wiring around the cabin. I will take a picture tomorrow & post.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”