• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Spring Striped Bass Trophy Fishing in the Chesapeake Bay:

Moderator: RobS

Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Spring Striped Bass Trophy Fishing in the Chesapeake Bay:

Post by Carl »

Im sure they still have slips, not sure about the rooms. We got our rooms in early March.

http://www.knappsnarrowsmarina.com/inn.html
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I went out with a friend on his Grady White yesterday in the MSSA tournament. We launched at Breezy Point.
20 lines in the water with planer boards. I watched as they set up. It is alot of work and planning to keep everything organized. His boards were on 140 feet of line, which put them out about 100 feet on each side. Did it work?

Keepers - 4 (41, 39, 38, 34) Heaviest on our boat was 26 lbs. The tourney leader had a 47 pound fish.
Released -1 (38)
Lost 3

Planer boards caught 1. All the rest were off the 6 transom rods.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

John, Over the course of the 3 day tournament we caught 23 fish, and the boards caught 11 of the 23. We released 17 of the 23, (3 were deep hooked and 3 we weighed in) with the largest being 30.20 lbs. I saw Butch out there on Friday morning going in circles, and then head south. It was a great time and will do it again next year. It is a lot of work, and this year the winter jelly fish have been real bad. We were cleaning our lines about every 45 minutes, which was a PITA. Glad you got out and caught some fish. Hope to hear from Butch to see how he did.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

We caught nothing Friday and 38-40" on Saturday, we went South on Saturday after the rough weather on Friday around Tilghman Island ...Where did you catch the fish on Friday?
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

Butch, we caught them straight east of where you saw us putting the lines in. First pass across (20min after you saw us) and 5 rods went down,and then both dummy lines. I tried to call you on the radio and then the phone (the # I had was your home #). Friday was by far our best day, I think because there was little boat traffic, we caught 17. Saturday we caught 5 in the same area. Sunday we went south and didnt catch a fish until we trolled back North, and then we only caught one late in the day.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

I cain't wait to talk to you at the Albin Group WOW...I tried to call you on 16 to no avail...We went South for waves over the top of the 28 at speeds of 6KTS...IT WAS AWFULL but the Captain enjoyed it.So you never came out of Tilghman Island? Carl that is fantastic...I will follow you next year

Return to “Fishing”