• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member...Dan

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Dan

New Member...Dan

Post by Dan »

HI, just joined. I'm very interested in learning all I can about the Albin line. I'm considering a 25' motor sailer if I can find one somewhere near the Sacramento/greater west coast area. My somewhat limited research so far hasn't been very encouraging. Seems like there are lots of Albins on the east coast, not so many out here, and not very many motor sailers vs. motor cruisers(?) Any tips/comments welcomed!
rt11002003
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rt11002003 »

Dan,

Try the list: www.AlbinCruisers@yahoogroups.com . That site consists mostly of A25 and A27 owners. I've noticed a couple of A25s for sale recently.

Welcome aboard and good luck finding a boat.

Gene
Gene Currently Albin "less"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I don't think there were very many of those motorsailers ever made. And, of those that were, I would bet the majority were converted to motor cruisers at some point.

You're seeking out an extremely rare boat, and on the wrong coast. Good luck.

If I were you, I would expand my search to include other alternatives.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Dan,
Rare boat. I saw a couple in the U.K. and one in Portugal.

Welcome to the group!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
ketch1

Re: Albin Morosailers

Post by ketch1 »

jcollins wrote:Dan,
Rare boat. I saw a couple in the U.K. and one in Portugal.

Welcome to the group!
Saw an Albin Motorsailer with a rounded stern, was told it might be a "Leira" but no one was sure. Boat came from Maryland.
Any info on this one?
Norm

Return to “New Member Introductions”