• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

The bridge saga

Boatmon

The bridge saga

Post by Boatmon »

So, in the beginning the bridge was attached with screws, butal, bad teak trim which covered mediocre fiberglass work, and more butal.
bridge pics 001.jpg
bridge pics 002.jpg
The yard destroyed most of the teak trim surrounding the bridge during removal, so our options were to make new trim and have still more wood to maintain or, fill everyone of the hundreds of holes, imperfections and damage and then paint the “stripe” (which was a factory option originally)
bridge pics 001.jpg
bridge pics 003.jpg
bridge pics 002.jpg
We voted for the latter….so with the extreme help and guidance from a dear friend, we are finally getting pretty close to a finished product.
bridge pics 004.jpg
bridge pics 006.jpg
bridge pics 005.jpg
Obviously there are a few runs and sags to wet-sand out, but we hope to spray the two finish coats on saturday, then the blue on the bridge and hull stripes sometime sunday.

I never would have guessed the we could make it look so good in such a short time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: The bridge saga

Post by Veebyes2 »

Ahh, the joys of doing a major refurb! Nice to be inside. Hope the boat is not far from home so it is not a big trek to go home to get something needed.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Despacio
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Despacio »

My flybridge was wiped off in a low bridge incident on a freeway. I opted for the stripe also. My bridge is wood free except for the trim around the inside base and the doors. Looks kind of like a tug without the flybridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
jakevr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jakevr »

great job

major deck job mvbyeall.blogspot.com
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

I can only take minimal credit at best for the results on this project, a very dear friend has provided hours of info, know-how and ability to make this look like something. We sprayed the two coats of white Awlgrip yesterday and hope to spray the navy blue on the bridge and hull stripes today.

The new swim platform, rails and steps are due to be delivered monday, so next weekend will be divided with painting the nonskid and installing the platform and the bridge grab rails

as usual pictures to follow soon.

Return to “36/37/40/43”