• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Adding extra tanks to an Albin 43'...plus I'm new:)

SomeGuywithanAlbin43

Adding extra tanks to an Albin 43'...plus I'm new:)

Post by SomeGuywithanAlbin43 »

Hi y'all:) I'm in the process of buying a 43', and adding /upgrading various this and that. One of the things I want to do is add another fuel tank (or two or three) to get my max fuel into the 800 to 1000 gallon range. No collapsible fuel tanks, I need all that room for dogs/guns/fishing poles/beer/woman paraphernalia/etc. Any ideas on how much tank I can actually cram into the thing before I start edging into diminishing returns territory? And hi to everyone, nice to meet y'all:)

SomeGuywithanAlbin43
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Adding extra tanks to an Albin 43'...plus I'm new:)

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG. Where will you be burning all that fuel?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
SomeGuywithanAlbin43

Cruising as far as I possibly can, for as long as I possibly can. The Bahamas, Cuba, Nicaragua, Panama, etc. I like the idea of being on the water for months at a time.
jakevr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jakevr »

what year is your albin? plan on replacing the fuel tanks and you can add on in there. you could propbably go from 250 to 325 per side and a long 200gal belly tank inbetween the engines. I would seriously rethink this before you go changing this. a albin 43 with twin lehman diesels (120s) and stock 500 gal tanks should have a rang of 1,125 NM from full to empty. there are places to fuel up in the areas you are looking to crusie.
SomeGuywithanAlbin43

She's a 1981 Jakevr, and I think you may have hit on my optimum course of action. I'll be telling the fuel guy to do just that, many thanks:)
jakevr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jakevr »

i have a 1981 albin aswell, do you own it or looking to buy? if looking to buy, is this the boat in texas? if so she looks real nice. email me @ jvanreenen@yahoo.com talk soon
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

If you are going to store that much fuel aboard you really should install a "day tank" and filter from the bulk storage to the day tank and draw from that to your engines.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”