• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Yanmar 315 timing belt

fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Yanmar 315 timing belt

Post by fairtide »

There is a question within the maintenance part of AOG that asks about timing belt changes on the Yanmar 315 engine. If anyone has more information than the response there contains, please see that post and add to it. I have a 2006 28TE with about 230 hours on that engine, so of course I am interested in anyone's experience with this.
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Re: Yanmar 315 timing belt

Post by special k »

i'm thinking that yanmar's recommendation of 1250 hrs will work for me.
MakoMike2116

Re: Yanmar 315 timing belt

Post by MakoMike2116 »

I own a 2004 35TE with twin yanmar 6LPA-STP 315's I just changed the timing belts at 1339 hrs. The old ones looked like new, they recommend changing at 1250hrs. But I wouldn't be afraid to go 25% longer. The mechanic who did the job said they all come out looking like new.... Hope this helps!

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”