• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

I guess I'm in the bunch

mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

I guess I'm in the bunch

Post by mudskipper »

My offer on the 40 foot Albin Sun deck Trawler has been accepted and the survey is next week. I have been looking for the right boat now for 3 years. This one is in cats ass condition. It was owned by an older fellow who keep it in remarkable shape. So for better or worse, I'm another bananna in your bunch. My wife says I have an odd sense of humor, so I hope you don"t take my point of view the wrong way. I will be slipping the boat in the Manasquan River in central NJ, so if I have any neighbors let me know. The boat is now named the Kacy M, but I will probably rename it. Does anyone know a good gypsy or the right ritual to rename without bad luck? Some possibilities are The Gannet, Chicken Lips, Jew Sea, the old fat Goose, or Mudskipper II.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: I guess I'm in the bunch

Post by jleonard »

My wife says I have an odd sense of humor, so I hope you don"t take my point of view the wrong way
Ok, so I don't know whether to congratulate you or send you a sympathy card. :lol:

Seriously though congrats. Welcome to our nightmare!

If you go online you will find several different scenarios for proper name changing, someone even sells a complete kit!!
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

mudskipper wrote:... Does anyone know a good gypsy or the right ritual to rename without bad luck? Some possibilities are The Gannet, Chicken Lips, Jew Sea, the old fat Goose, or Mudskipper II.

Here's a fellow member's recent ceremony viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3581
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

RobS wrote:
mudskipper wrote:... Does anyone know a good gypsy or the right ritual to rename without bad luck? Some possibilities are The Gannet, Chicken Lips, Jew Sea, the old fat Goose, or Mudskipper II.

Here's a fellow member's recent ceremony viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3581
This is the one we used when renaming our previous boat.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=441&hilit=boat+renaming
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
nan1rik1
First Mate
First Mate

Post by nan1rik1 »

I just changed the name on our Albin a couple of months ago. I went on line and did a search on "changing boat names".
there were only a couple of respones that made sense. Basically you remove EVERYTHING that has the old name from the boat, don't forget to check fenders, key floats, throwable devices, etc., nothing with the old name should remain aboard. Get several bottles of champgne to toast and spread around to the 4 compass points that represent the "gods of fair winds" and to bribe Posidein to remove the old name from his roster and to record the new name so that he can recognize the boat. In between the toasts, invocations and imploring Posidein you can drink what is left of the champagne with friends who are helping by participating in the happy occassion. I found that 5 bottles worked well, 2 to spread into the sea and 3 to consume. You will need a small metal tag that can rust with the old name of the boat on it to throw into the sea so that Posidein knows which name to remove.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

nan1rik1 that's pretty much what we have done. All I can add is make sure to spill some on the decks as well for good luck. :lol:
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”