• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Newbie! Need help and sugg.

dcsam

Newbie! Need help and sugg.

Post by dcsam »

We've been looking at the 30' Skipjacks, but got word of the Albins. We looked at a 31', but the cabin area was too cramped. We do charter fishing here in Washington State, but we'd also like to use a boat for cruising. So, the Albin is looking like it might be a good option. I really like the looks of the 35' TE. Hubby would prefer one with a flying bridge. Anybody know of any for sale around our area?
Ideally, we'd like to find something under 150,000, but realize that just might not be possible. With the Skipjacks, we're looking at the $130,000 range. We also like the looks of the trawlers, but with that covered stern area, it just wouldn't do for chartering. Has anybody seen one with the covered area removed or is that even possible?
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Caroline
WA state
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Newbie! Need help and sugg.

Post by jcollins »

A quick search at boats.com showed a few, 2002 and older, in your price range. The tough part will be finding one in your area. Contact mariner via PM. He is one of our administrators and a broker.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Newbie! Need help and sugg.

Post by sharffj »

Have a 31 TE that use for cruising in San Juans, Gulfs and points north, and also for offshore fishing out of Ilwaco. For cruising boat works great for the two of us. Very comfortable, longest trip this year was 11 days up and beyond Desolation Sound. Had several other trips as kept boat in Anacortes. Was fast and handled a very rough crossing in the Straits of Georgia just fine. The down side was fuel economy 1mile per gallon at cruising speed 16-20 knots.
Took boat down outside to Ilwaco in mid August for fishing. Fishes tuna great, very clean wake and plenty of room on back deck, big fish box and big live bait tank. Does fine with Halibut and bottom fish (ie mooches well), but does not troll down for salmon. Have twin Yanmars and at idle speed running 3.5 to 4 knots. Single Cummins may troll down better or could use trolling valves. Agree that for a charter operation the cabin would be crowded. Doubt more than 4 to 5 people could ride comfortably in upper salon. Have seen a couple 35's and upper salon didn't seem much larger. Wonder if 35 Bertram with a fly bridge would be better suited. There is a 35 Albin that fishes out of Neah Bay and I think is from Everett or Seattle. If you can't find him through this forum try Bloody Decks, I know they're on that.
Jeff S

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”