• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Trawler on the hard until 4/11

BobR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Trawler on the hard until 4/11

Post by BobR »

I hauled my 1988 36' trawler out last October for the winter. It was "winterized" and place in indoor storage (not heated). I have a single ford lehman 130 hp on the boat with about 1200 hours.
I decided not to launch this year and to continue the efforts of my cosmetic restoration. I am planning on launching again next 4/11.
Question, is there anything I should be doing to ensure that the engine performs? should I launch for a day or two? Can I run it on the hard?
I appreciate any suggestions or if this is something I should not be concerned about since it was winterized.
thanks
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Trawler on the hard until 4/11

Post by jleonard »

I would make sure the exhaust opening is blocked off (duct tape) and the intake is blocked off (plastic bag).
Keep the moisture down by using desicant and draining the water when necessary, and leave it be.No need to "summerize" and run just to re winterize.
Cranking it over can do more harm than good... dry bearings, dry starts are not good.
My guess it will fire right up in 2011
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Daryl
Mate
Mate

Post by Daryl »

I'd put some chemical stabilizer in the fuel tanks if they are very full
VA3MRJ
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Barber Marina Orange Beach Alabama

Post by VA3MRJ »

Late post but my boat has been on the hard for a year so I decided to change the oil, ran a water hose to the strainer and ran the engine for about 10 minutes till the oil got warm, changed oil and filter and ran the fuel polisher for a day while there David Va3MRJ
David and Brenda
43 Albin

Return to “36/37/40/43”