• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35TE - Bridge Deck - "Cruising" version

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

35TE - Bridge Deck - "Cruising" version

Post by DougSea »

Chuck (Waygood) and a few others asked for some photos of Sonny IV's Bridge Deck. Many of the 35TE's out there have the "Sportfish" bridge option or have added an upper station. Sonny has the factory "Cruising" or "Convertible" option. It increases the overall size of the Bridge Deck, and moves the helm to midships and forward. Of course this decrases your ability to see what's going on in the cockpit...but since I really don't fish that's not an issue. And it does give great visability forward.

Here are a few photos.

Standing on the gunnel, looking forward from port.
01-PortAftQtr.JPG
Camera over head, from forward.
02-FromForward.JPG
Again from port gunnel, but closer.
03-DeckLevel.JPG
Back against the rail, looking forward.
04-LookingForward.JPG
And now looking aft.
05-LookingAft.JPG
The center helm. Anyone who knows me knows this won't be arranged like this for long! :)
06-Helm.JPG
Port side.
07-VHFandC80.JPG
And the view from the helm.
08-ViewFromHelm.JPG
There's built in storage under the benches on port and starboard. Needs some tinkering to make it more effective. And as you can see, there's an arch and a bimini but no enclosure. I talked to one place up in MA, beautiful hardtops and curtains...but would cost OVER $30K! :shock: Not this year! So, I'm going to find a canvas guy and do either a 3/4 or full curtain set from the bimini. I like boating in April and October and it's just too cold to be exposed up there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”