• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

I'm in!

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

I'm in!

Post by furball »

Launched Friday afternoon and crossed the Bay on Saturday morning. We're in our new Eastern Shore marina for the 2011 season. It was a slow cruise, 7 knots or so most of the way across. Lot's of stuff floating down the bay from all the rain last week. Water still looks like chocolate milk. Had the Bay to ourselves, in fact we didn't see another boat the whole way across. About a 1'-2' following sea pretty much pushed us across the Bay and made for a pretty comfortable ride. Once I was inside the Chester, ran her up to a quick 22knots just to be sure I hit all the numbers on the motor. It's so nice when it's clean and light :D I won't see 22knots again until next spring. All tucked into the new slip, spent today moving in a few things and cleaning up. Rain forecast for the next two weekend. :roll: Welcome to the 2011 boating season!
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: I'm in!

Post by DougSea »

I'm jealous John!

Counting down the days until April 15th when the gods of insurance and slips align! The yard is wrapping up the generator install and I'm gearing up for a compounding and waxing marathon!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

John,
I too am jealous. Friday was a great day. Where on the Chester? We cruise there a few times during the season.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

I hope to see you out there soon Doug.. Went down yesterday, Sunny Sunday & bottom painted. Next chore is the biggy, wash an waxing then pop back on the props and I'm in. Well, when the yard wants to drop me in anyway... Soon
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Good for you John!! We were lucky here in Bennington today...we had snow...yep...lucky us!

Looking for a May 1st splash date. Hope to get her uncovered the first part of April.
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Thanks guys.
It was a real quick sprint to get in. I saw the weather window a week ahead and took the chance.
John, we moved to Castle Harbor Marina, at the red lighthouse just before the entrance to Kent Narrows. Hey, how do I move my pin???
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hey, how do I move my pin???
It must have followed you. :wink: It's already there.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Cruising”