• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

ANYONE HAVE GUIDES/SPECS FOR A 31TE CRADLE

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

ANYONE HAVE GUIDES/SPECS FOR A 31TE CRADLE

Post by whwells »

This is a follow up to my previous inquiry: Has ANYONE TOWED THE 31TE ON THEIR OWN TRAILER?. I have heard about only one so far but have not gotten a name or made contact. If cradle/ or specifications/nformation are available, it mignt be possbile to prefab a framework to set on my Champion 3 axle 20 gvw trailer. I have seen at least one post/ on cradle informaton for the 28te but have not found information on the 31te twins. Any ideas on where this information might be found/ or where to start the search? I am assuming most just use stands. Thanks for your previous comments and suggestions. whwells
henry robertson
First Mate
First Mate

Re: ANYONE HAVE GUIDES/SPECS FOR A 31TE CRADLE

Post by henry robertson »

why won't a boat lift set up work on a trailer---the bunks hold the boat just above the lift beams as they would on a traier...i used two 18 foot 2 x 8's laminated to make one beam //would heve to re-measure but believe the back of bunks are 45" appart and the front close to 38" my height above the beams won't help as the lift can let the prop hang down between bunks as no concrete or axils below. i used 1/2 way between sling marks as center of gravity. that low prop will get you.
if going far i would have second bunks outboard and ferther out on hull for more stability
henry
henry
albin 31
henry robertson
First Mate
First Mate

couldn't reply to e address--came back---yes my boat is on lift for all five weeks of winter and held in winds clocked 70 knots--bunks run from transom to just forwatd of helm---will picture when i return late next week.
henry
henry
albin 31
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

henry robertson wrote:---yes my boat is on lift for all five weeks of winter
That's just wrong... :( I really need to move south...
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
henry robertson
First Mate
First Mate

tried e mail again not working---i have pictures of my cradle but here is data
bunks are 16 feet long full 4 inches thick ot top width and 14 inches high
width between bunks is ---27 inches at bow end and 34 inches at stern---use care as skag will hit front beam if bunks too wide or not tall enough
a trailer should have small outboard bunks to hit bottom ferther out and between the sling points as extra support ---adjust with short house beam jack screws
call if you want 8435211623 eastern daylight time
henry
henry
albin 31
henry robertson
First Mate
First Mate

doug sea---we accepted our quota of sunlovers from cos cob this year but if you hurry we hove openings for norwalk folks for this winter---that how we stay green----try it you will like 5 weeks of winter
henry
albin 31
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Re the 31 TE trailer. Harold Case of Punta Gorda, Fla and Michigan has been towing his 35 CB tri cabin from Fla to Michigan for years. He was at the Fla Rendezvous and you can contact him at haroldAT2cases.com or 941-505-9493. Hope this helps. Chuck
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Chuck: Just came across your comments on Harold Case's towing of the 31TE. Thank you. whewells

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”