• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New dude questions on old vs new hulls

dbrueske
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

New dude questions on old vs new hulls

Post by dbrueske »

Our family just bought a 1998 Albin 28TE. So Im excited to get active on AOG. So here we go.... Im having trailer made for the boat. Trailer company has newer (2002 or newer) hull designs with flush decks and drawings but can't obtain older ones because of Albin changes in ownership. Does anyone know if the hull (not worried about deck) has changed between newer flush deck hulls (lets say 2004 or newer) and older 1998 engine box models excluding the integrated trim tab changes? Also, how far forward is the engine for the flush decks as compared to engine box models; ie is there any position difference in the horizontal center of gravity; ie more aft for engine box models...how far?
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: New dude questions on old vs new hulls

Post by RobS »

The engine in the engine box model is atleast a couple feet, maybe 3ft, aft of the FD engine. I only viewed the engine on 1 FD and remember the front of the engine being fairly close to the bulkhead to the cabin. Other than rudder size I do not recall any differences in the hull below the water line. The FD has a higher floor so the distance from the rubrail to the top of the gunwale is taller on a FD but that has no effect on what you are doing. Best bet is to have the trailer company look at both boats in the field and also take a look at the 28TE Tech Spec Bulletin here on AOG viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3153
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
dbrueske
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: New dude questions on old vs new hulls