• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

It's a helluva day at sea, sir!

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

It's a helluva day at sea, sir!

Post by jcollins »

Today was one of "those" days. I setup Out of Office message on email, turned OFF the cell phone, grabbed the wife and dog. The forecast was partly sunny, high around 78, and 10-15 winds. Not bad considering the weather pretty much sucked all month. What shall we celebrate? How about it's the last day of the month and tomorrows forecast is calling for rain and highs in the 50s? Good enough for me. Let's go!
We did a slow cruise into Middle River. Not bad. Some sail boats out trying to take advantage of the wind and a few power boaters. I'm not a sailor but today most of what we saw seemed like they were all newbies. Sails flapping in the wind, tacking and heeling all over the place and not paying any attention to other boats around them. So, we dodge a few and go into Frog Mortar Creek and pull up to the Wild Duck Cafe. Hmmm...kinda quiet and no other boats. So, we tie up and walk up to the restaurant. Closed? On a Friday? Damn. I did a 360 and slide right up to the pier and no one was there to be amazed. Oh well. On to Carson's Creekside. Carson's is near the head of Middle River where it meets Dark Head Creek. Nice place with good food and good service. The pier is not as nice as the Wild Duck's long, wide, floater but there are about 12 slips laid out in a traditional "T" setup. We had the 1/2 pound burgers with sweet potato fries. Good and greasy.
Finished up and cruised out of Middle River. Once on the Bay it had laid down to less than a foot. Step it up to 2700 and ran around 15 knots past Hart Miller Island, around Pooles Island and back to Seneca Creek. 5 hours of cruising, late lunch, and more cruising with my bride and our faithful dog. So, what's the point of this? Take a day once in awhile and do a cruise to nowhere. We do it 2-4 days a month. It's great therapy. This certainly is not our last cruise of the season but it is one worth remembering. (damn. I forgot the camera) Oh. The subject line? From the movie Overboard.

Now. I have 20+ emails and 7 voice messages to catch up on.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: It's a helluva day at sea, sir!

Post by Capt Paul »

The wife and I do this from time to time as well. Just pick up and go and see what you find. She loves it when we pull up to Jack London Square or the San Francisco water front and find an unexpected arts fair or festival going on. Great way to relax, since there were no plans or expectations.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: It's a helluva day at sea, sir!

Post by whwells »

John: Sounds like the kind of day we all love. Happy you found the time and shared the good times with us all. Now back to work?

whwells "Howard
35 TE "Nibbles"

Return to “Cruising”