• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

SIDE & TRANSOM CUSHION FOR RAILS

JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: SIDE & TRANSOM CUSHION FOR RAILS

Post by JackK »

I had Bristol Cushion replace my bolsters a couple of years ago. Instead of the closed foam, they suggested an open foam that would allow air to circulate and prevent water for sitting between the fabric and foam. The back of the new bolsters is a screen type material that lets it breath and not collect any moisture.

Two years later and I have had none of the moisture issues which plagued the original. The bolsters weighed about 30 lbs each at the end of the season due to water and the foam was covered in a green, nasty growth. New bolsters still look perfect.

Just another idea to consider.
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

OldDemps: Good post. Seems like the original installation has some kinks for replacement. Will be up at the boat this weekend and will get some measurements for quotes. Must say I am impressed with your find way down in Florida. Kind of surprised you don't have some reasonably priced quality shops in the Bay Area of SF an that wonderful town of Sausalito, Ca. We are north of you in Trinidad about 6 hrs driving time. Please let us know if the order is made and how it goes?
whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"
Last edited by whwells on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

Hi, I have a set from my 35 I no longer want. They are beige and the covers are ok with a few bad ones. Cushions and hardware are good though. Make me an offer.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

George & Others: It does seem to me replacing the bolsters may not be the complete answer. One is missing and when checking we found the others have some water. The boat is now in covered berth and may be okay for the future. However, anytime out in the rain would be an issue and fishing is probably better without them. Got a local Anacortes, Wa. bid for replacing the one lost and recovering the others. The price seems high after looking at some of the responses here at 1468.27. Will need to give this some more thought on how best to proceed. All the comments have been helpful.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”