• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE Production

GulfTex
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Houston

28TE Production

Post by GulfTex »

I'm a new member and have been scouring the board. Great info here!

I don't yet have a 28TE, but am fairly confident that's the right one for my young family and I (2 kids - ages 3&5, wife). I've owned a few sailboats but never owned a power boat and think the Albin's versatility could enable a number of cruising and fishing activites around our home port of Houston. I'm hoping to occasionally spend the night on the hook, go fishing, explore some relatively shallow bays, do some cocktailing, etc. Plus I just enjoy being around / working on boats.

Anyway, does anyone have a production schedule of 28TEs? I understand that about 1,000 were built, but am trying to break it down by year (and even engine/edition) if possible. What I'd like to figure out is how may boats were built in the 2004-2008 timeframe, and understand the likelyhood of more of those "late-model" boats coming on the market over the next year or so.

Many thanks,
Zach
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: 28TE Production

Post by jcollins »

Zach,
I don't know of a production schedule. I'm sure if someone has that information they will reply to this post. I would suggest narrowing your search on Yachtworld and/or other sites. You can setup email notifications when listings are updated.

Welcome to Albin Owners Group!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
GulfTex
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by GulfTex »

Thanks John, and great name on your TE!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome Zach: There is or were a nice 28te forsale with trailer in Brookings, Or. and maintained & kept on the trailer except for 4-5 months in the summer. However, you are in one of the area's where most of the west coast come from. I do not have information on the production schedule and nor recall much prior discusision except that which you know as to the estimated total of the series.
In any event since most of the boats seem to be on the east coast and down south you should do fine.
My friends with one tell me it trailer's really well. That is a plus over some of the others.
Enjoy your search.
whwellls "Howard"
35TE Sportfisher/Conv. 2006
Anacortes, Wa.
GulfTex
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by GulfTex »

Hey thanks Howard. I'll see if I can track that 28te down. There are not to many TEs down here......28 or otherwise.....but I think they'd make a great boat down here. Cruising/fishing all summer in the shade and possibly with AC would be a boon! Our boating season down here is really Spring and Fall. I'd like to extended it into winter and spring, espescially since our boats stay in the water year-round anywat. Appreciate the intel. Beautiful boat, your 35.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”