• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Vinyl teak and holly flooring

Joe/Fran
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: North Kingstown RI

Vinyl teak and holly flooring

Post by Joe/Fran »

Hi All, has anyone put a vinyl teak and holly floor in solo? Is it difficult to do? Also where is the best place to purchase the material? Thanks Joe
sweetwater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oakdale

Re: Vinyl teak and holly flooring

Post by sweetwater »

I got flooring from Lowes and put it in the cabin. It was easy to do and looks really nice. It came in peel and stick strips. The whole thing took a few hours. I will let you know how it holds up.
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

Here is pic of what my friend installed for me last month.If you like I will find out the name of the material and the adhesive he used to bond it to the fiber glass.One thing for sure is to make a paper pattern first.Also make sure the caulking lines are all lined up and parallel with each other.Another thing is to be careful which adhesive you use,some won't cure once the vinyl is laid on the fibreglass.What will work on wood surfaces will not on the glass.I hope this will be helpful.
Bob & Val 2000 31TE twin 370's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

Joe/Fran the product we used was Lonseal marine,and the adhesive was LePages Gel contact cement .Just make sure the cement has dried well before the two surface are put together.Good luck Bob& Val
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Joe / Fran -

Give Ken Hilton at Standish Boat in Tiverton a call at 401-624-4075. Ken has the template for the teak and holly sole. You can copy it and install yourself or have Ken do it for you. He did mine about 7 years ago.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”