• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hatch lens replacement

SeaJAlbin28
Mate
Mate

Hatch lens replacement

Post by SeaJAlbin28 »

The lens in my Bowmar front deck hatch is 'crazed' and I would like to replace it before it starts leaking----I have priced new hatches (yikes!) but really only need a new lens and gasket. Does anybody have a good source for this??? Can I make a new lens from readily available stock? Anybody have the dimensions? Any information will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!
Chris and Judy,
aboard SeaJ, an Albin 28 TE
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Hatch lens replacement

Post by Pitou »

You're right the entire unit costs a few dollars. Contact Pompanette/Bomar factoryhttp://www.pompanette.com/bomar in NH. Over the years I have gotten many a replacement part from them. Sw-e-e-e-t talk the CSR and .... maybe you can get them to just sell you the lexan hatch.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
kmary
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Walpole

Re: Hatch lens replacement

Post by kmary »

Thanks for the tip! I had a crack develop in my front lexan and called Bomar ((603) 826 5791), and for around $150 grabbed a replacement lens, silicon and a seals. Arrived at my place 2 days after I called!

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”