• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Let's get this forum going...

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Let's get this forum going...

Post by jcollins »

You don't have to be planning a long cruise. Where will you be this weekend? Where are you going for the 4th? Other members in your area may look for you. 8)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Let's get this forum going...

Post by johnmurray »

I will be going down the Ottawa River to Montreal. The first stop will be at Chateau Montebello and then on through the Carilion Lock to Lake of Two Mountains with a stop at Hudson, Quebec. The next lock is at Sainte-Anne-de-Bellvue which leads into Lac Saint-Louis. There are many Montreal area yacht clubs on the Lac that have reciprocal arrangements with our home club so there are lots of places to stay.
It is about 100 miles from Ottawa to Montreal, but the region between these two large cities is lightly populated so the scenery is much like it was 300 years ago.
I will not be going into the old port of the city of Montreal because I would have to use the Saint Lawrence Seaway channel and two seaway locks to get there from Lac Saint-Louis and they are not particulary pleasure boat friendly. (Been there, done that!) There is an alternate canal for pleasure boats, but the bridge clearance is only eight feet, not enough for an Albin 30FC.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

I'm going to the first Pacific NW rendezvous in Anacortes WA on the 20th. Upon departing the rendezvous we will be cruising north, to Desolation Sound in BC. Might even make it to the Broughtons as well. Total of three weeks.

These are definitely "bucket list" cruising destinations. There are few places like these islands in the world, the water is relatively warm, shellfish are abundant, and the beer is very good.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by loubennett »

Quest cruises the Bay on a casual schedule. I live in Annapolis and I'm always happy to meet up with Albin owners on the Bay. Let me know where you will be, it will likely give me the incentive to join you. I love new places. I'm obligated to race committee duty on Friday for the next four weeks, but I can be anywhere on Saturday. Middle of the week is also fine right now. The annual rendezvous is great, but smaller gatherings can be really excellent.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “Cruising”