• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Rendezvous

Solomon's Island, Maryland
Special thanks to Butch and Jim Smith
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

Solomon's definetly has more to offer than D'ville, from marinas to anchorages to resturants. It is also more centrally located, I think. i have not caught up with the Albin dealer in D'ville yet. If we were to vote on a venue, I would go for Solomon's over Deltaville.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

I'll cast my vote for Solomons as well. It seems to be a good central location.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I agree. Solomons sounds like a good choice for a central location. Are there any local members that can head up a plannng committee?
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: bay bridge

Post by jcollins »

AlMar wrote:John; don't forget that we "southerners" call the "real" Bay Bridge, the "Bay Bridge" 8) Youse guys up north just have a connecting link :lol:
AlMar
Since we're all south of the Mason-Dixon line we are all southerners. Although you "real" southerners don't consider us baltimorans from the south.
So, from the "connecting link" (William Preston lane Memorial Bridge) it's about 50 miles to Solomons? I'm in! I may be going to the New England rendezvous in June. What about the end of June? Or the weekend after the 4th?
Us northerners could meet somewhere and cruise together.

By the way... we call your Bay Bridge the Bay Bridge Tunnel.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

either week works for me, but then, I haven't run this by my wife yet. :shock:
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

date and place

Post by Butch »

There are too many senstivities to call this a full blown Rendezvous, when we don't know each other and we are trying to do everything over the internet. recommendation: Let us get together sometime over the weekend Of June 21,22,23,24 in Solomons...(Arrival time is up to the individual and weather), those who want to get a slip, lets use the Spring Cove Marina and there are plenty of anchorages to hang a hook and the Holiday Inn is nearby for those traveling by Car, and there is a restaurant on site. After we get together, we can then plan a more formal Rendezvous that Fall or next year w/ T shirts , meetings, dinners, maintenance discussions, Albin Representation, etc, etc...All in favor say, Aye..Are there any Nays?
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Butch:

Sounds like a Plan. I will be out of town on the 21st but could cruise down on the 22. Any interest in meeting at the mouth of the Miles on Friday AM and cruising down together?
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
jcollins
In Memorium

Re: date and place

Post by jcollins »

Butch wrote:There are too many senstivities to call this a full blown Rendezvous, when we don't know each other and we are trying to do everything over the internet. recommendation: Let us get together sometime over the weekend Of June 21,22,23,24 in Solomons...(Arrival time is up to the individual and weather), those who want to get a slip, lets use the Spring Cove Marina and there are plenty of anchorages to hang a hook and the Holiday Inn is nearby for those traveling by Car, and there is a restaurant on site. After we get together, we can then plan a more formal Rendezvous that Fall or next year w/ T shirts , meetings, dinners, maintenance discussions, Albin Representation, etc, etc...All in favor say, Aye..Are there any Nays?
Butch,
Will you contact the marina about space, rates, etc.? Do you have the time to suggest an anchorage for those that would rather raft up?

I will start a poll.

Thanks,
John
museler

Chesapeake Albin Rendezvous 2007

Post by museler »

We would attend depending on the date (when will it be set ???). We would vote to anchor out but would come either way if the dates work.

Thanks,

Bill & Maria Museler
Express Trawler 33+3 "Chelsea Girl"
jcollins
In Memorium

Re: Chesapeake Albin Rendezvous 2007

Post by jcollins »

museler wrote:We would attend depending on the date (when will it be set ???). We would vote to anchor out but would come either way if the dates work.

Thanks,

Bill & Maria Museler
Express Trawler 33+3 "Chelsea Girl"
Bill,
Tenative date is 06/21-06/24
John
museler

Chesapeake Rendezvous 2007

Post by museler »

We're definite maybe's for those dates.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Bill & Maria Museler
Butch
In Memorium

Solomons Island

Post by Butch »

Richard, great idea, Mary and I will catch up w/ you about the details later, we can meet at the Miles and Eastern Bay
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Richard wrote:Butch:

Sounds like a Plan. I will be out of town on the 21st but could cruise down on the 22. Any interest in meeting at the mouth of the Miles on Friday AM and cruising down together?
Sounds like a plan to me. As the date grows close let's coordinate time and place to meet and cruise down.
John
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rendezvous

Post by StockHR »

As luck would have it we can't make those dates. Iv'e been holding off and waiting for our club dates to come out and it is the same weekend as our "Picnic Cruise" whice is the biggest event of the season. I'm very disappointed but sure that those of us on the bay will meet sooner or later.

Mike
Butch
In Memorium

We shall see you in the area

Post by Butch »

Mike, We like Rock Hall, It is a great ride from St Michaels and I am sure we will meet up. Unfortuately the weekend is set and I am finalizing the plans as we speak. If you or anybody else that cain't make Solomons are in the St Michaels area this Summer, say hello we are at the end of Leeds Creek

Return to “Chesapeake Albin Pre-Rendezvous 2007 - Another Great First Event”