• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36 Express Trawler queen bed in V-berth

Greg
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: none

36 Express Trawler queen bed in V-berth

Post by Greg »

I have been looking as a potential new buyer of the Albin Express Trawler 36 and have a question. Some boats have a centerline queen bed in the V-berth. Was this a factory option or was it done after market? If factory option, has anybody changed the V-berth into a queen? Wife likes the boat, but wants a queen bed in the V-berth. Thanks for any responses.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 36 Express Trawler queen bed in V-berth

Post by DougSea »

The only factory documentation I can find on the boat shows a forward V-berth and a queen in the second cabin. Still, I would think if a buyer wanted it Albin could have made a forward centerline queen. That's what we have on our 35TE.

Have you seen boats on the market wih a queen? If so, point me to a listing and ill try to tell from the photos if its factory or not.

Sorry to not be more help.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Greg
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Greg »

Thanks for the quick response! Recently sold Salty Dog, an Albin 36 has a centerline queen. Link is below. It looks like the queen in the v berth was factory option to me. Has anybody converted a v berth to a centerline queen?

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... 79167&url=
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Greg wrote:...It looks like the queen in the v berth was factory option to me.
No question. Very similar to the 35TE and clearly a factory install.

I don't doubt that you could convert a V to an Island, but to make it look right would take a pretty skilled installer and probably cost a fair amount. You'd be cutting out a large amount of interior liner and then fabricating a new one. The good news is there's not a lot in the way of mechanicals that would need to be accommodated.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Lenovo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point, California

Post by Lenovo »

Folks,
I am the current owner of Salty Dog and it is definitely a factory original installation which includes factory molded fiberglass sidesteps, cabinetry etc.
Tony
Greg
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Greg »

Tony,

Thanks for all responses! My wife has stand up paddled by Salty Dog in Dana Point. btw, it is a Beautiful looking Albin 36!! We would like to buy the next center line queen V berth that is for sale!

Greg
Lenovo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lenovo »

Hello Greg,

My wife and I would look forward to having you come by and see the boat anytime you are in the area.
We live in the harbor district. Please call me anytime on my cell phone at 925-858-6019.

Tony
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I often use google maps to check out areas I am not familiar with, WOW that harbor is cool looking, and that is a lot of boats, must get busy! Gottas be ~2,000 boats in there, Is there enough parking :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Lenovo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lenovo »

Yes, there are roughly 2400 slips at Dana Point with a large number of sailboats and trawlers. I believe Salty Dog is currently the only Albin in the harbor. It is a municipal marina with some decent restaurants and multiple parks within walking distance. The parking is more than adequate except on major holidays.

I had the opportunity to enter the Moriches inlet in March of 1997 when motoring from Queens to Eliot, Maine.
Wish I had an Albin then. Got a little tricky.

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”