• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Isotherm Refrig

JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Isotherm Refrig

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

I have an Isotherm in our Albin 40 NSC and it is incredibly tight to open. The plastic latch is a battle, but I am reluctant to go and hack some of it off and lose the nice lock. At this point my wife cannot open it and I have to squeeze like crazy or use a screw driver. Any experience with this out there??
Thanks,
Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Isotherm Refrig

Post by DougSea »

I'm pretty sure ours is an Isotherm and I don't have any problem. I'll check tomorrow.

Do you have both a squeeze latch and a tab that swings to lock it? Is there something stuck in the latch that doesn't allow it to travel properly?

Post a photo if you have a chance.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Hey there Craig!
I never had a problem with the doors on the fridge or freezer. Both have always worked fine. Now the fan on the other hand, that's giving me problems. Doesn't seem to want to work properly. It runs and then slows down. Not sure what to do with it. Fortunately, we're not using it...unfortunately, we're trying to sell it!
Good luck on fixing the door. Would really to hate start gnawing into things and then causing a bigger problem!
Hope all is well up that way!
Tom
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Thanks Tom and Doug, I am not good at posting pictures here need to work on that. IT is a simple plastic piece that squeezes down and is held by a metal rim. You put a huge amount of pressure and it releases from the metal rim . Last year was fine. I hate to ,as you said Tom gnaw into it, as i do not want it to stay open. It is the half size under counter version. Trying to get marina to look at it, crazy here now the post Sandy boats are now coming out of the fiberglass shops for mechanical work!!

Sorry you are still trying to sell Tom, tough market. We put a few bucks into ours and it is a great boat. You cannot get a comparable boat for anywhere near what you are selling for. The Hunt designed hull has handled some real rough stuff with ease for us. 3 cabins all with AC units, shower tub we have it all!!! Good luck, Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

JerseyNSC40 wrote:I am not good at posting pictures here need to work on that. IT is a simple plastic piece that squeezes down and is held by a metal rim. You put a huge amount of pressure and it releases from the metal rim.
So it worked last year but not this year? Is it screwed down? Could it have shifted and gone out of square?

Send me a picture or two and I'll post them here for you. It sounds like something has just gone out of whack.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

Final report is that I got it back in whack with a screw driver and some of my weight. I pried and leaned on the door to get it back in alignment. I was afraid to get too rough but that is what it needed. Like some people!
Thanks, Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”