• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

8th Northeast Rendezvous - 2014

jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Re: 8th Northeast Rendezvous - 2014

Post by jointventure »

Thanks to everyone for coming! Enjoy the pictures and a big thanks to Doug for offering to host the Ninth Annual Northeast Rendezvous! Place to be determined.

(See the fourteen (14) pictures posted on pages 3 of this forum.)

A special thanks to John Collins for the hats, burgees, and surprise gifts.

A good time was had by all.

John and Marcia
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
dmorlo52
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New London, CT

Post by dmorlo52 »

We would like to thank you for including us in the 8th Rendezvous. We had such a great time and it was fun to meet everyone. A special thanks to John and Marcia for all the fantastic arrangements. We are looking forward to next year! David and Annette "Wine Down"
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

For Northeastern cruisers, I wanted to let you know that Essex Island Marina was on the auction block yesterday and Brewer won the auction. I spoke with Doug Domenie, General Manager of Brewer Dauntless Shipyard, just after the auction. They will replace the docks which have been in disrepair for years and possibly add a waterfront restaurant. There are large open areas with lawns and a big swimming pool, so this could be a future rendezvous location. The Shipyard recently hosted a Beneteau rendezvous and Doug will be interested in hosting more groups next season. :D
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Good to see the place get the rehab it needed but I liked the "old" feel of the place. No doubt things will change now. BTW, we had 3 rendezvous events at SX, I coordinated the 1st back in 2009.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
JerseyNSC40
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mantoloking, NJ

Post by JerseyNSC40 »

We want to thank all attendees for their friendship and camaraderie, it was a fun weekend.
It was the beginning of our 2 week cruise which went great through Block, Cuttyhunk and Newport. On day 11 we were in Mystic refueling and Janie lifted engine hatch access to view site tubes while fueling. This is the usual routine especially when taking on alot of fuel. She walked out into sun and back inside with sunglasses on and did not see open hatch! She fell in and sidewards, smashing her shoulder on the deck or hatch? Severely separated her shoulder. Ambulance ride, Emergency Center and hospital visit they got it back in after 3 painful attempts 9 hours later back to boat. She felt OK in AM so agreed to the 10 hour transit home in an immobilizer. Sound was flat , Atlantic a little lumpy, she was thrilled to see the Manasquan Inlet. Saw Dr yesterday, no surgery needed, but will be a 7 month recovery.
I post this because it shows how quickly things can change and how careful we all need to be out there. I am glad it did not happen in Block or Cuttyhunk! Be careful out there, slip and fall can happen anytime!!
Craig
AlbinNSC40
Craig
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Scary stuff Craig. When I first opened your post the words Ambulance and Emergency Center jumped off the screen at me before I even starting reading it. Yes, it happened in a better place than one of the islands. Kinda ironic that when you were berthed at the rendezvous in GPT your bow was pointed right at a hospital...

Well as bad as it is just always be thankful it wasn't worse. All the best to Janie.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

So sorry about Jane's injury. I hope she is doing better. Great point about how quickly an injury can occur. It's a good reminder to take our time and make deliberate movements. One of our club members just sold his boat after a bad fall.
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

IMG_0688.JPG
A sampling of the Albin fleet at Townsend. Looks like Battleship row in Hawaii
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York

Return to “Eighth Annual Northeast Rendezvous - 2014”