• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

carpeting

Albin's "power cruisers"
Swells
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Esquimalt Harbour

carpeting

Post by Swells »

We have teak and holly wood flooring in our Albin25 which looks beautiful but to save on wear and tear we've tried installing carpets. Unfortunately we havn't found any carpeting that either stays put or doesn't curl. Any recommendations out there? Thanks.
Forth to the open ocean - called by a new day
Vic K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Houston

Re: carpeting

Post by Vic K »

Velcro tape in the corners
denchen
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Boston UK

Post by denchen »

My decks are varnished plywood, that I have covered with carpet made for bathrooms, or washrooms as called in the states. Bathroom carpet is not too thick and has a `rubber back` that lays nice and flat and does not curl at the edges, but more importantly it does not slip. An added bonus is, it is not too expensive to buy.
Swells
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Swells »

Thank you CaptVic and Denchen for your response - both sound like ideas that would work well. I've also been looking at "Deckadence" marine carpeting and I've asked for a rough estimate so I'll see what they come back with. The carpeting looks very interesting and if affordable enough I think I'll go with it. If you're interested you can check it out here (they have offices in US and Canada): http://www.boatmats.ca/about-deckadence/
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

PO had used rubber backed "restaurant" carpet or entry carpets...good because they cover the hatches completely and therefore keep out water..or at least help. In the galley we use interlocking padded squares...cut to the shape of the floor and then duct tape the back to keep the squares together when lifting to sweep under
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
Swells
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Swells »

that's a great idea - I imagine the squares would be warm also.
Sunsetrider
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gananoque ON

Post by Sunsetrider »

Swells wrote: I've also been looking at "Deckadence" marine carpeting and I've asked for a rough estimate so I'll see what they come back with. The carpeting looks very interesting and if affordable enough I think I'll go with it./
Swells -have you got pricing on that Deckadence product yet?-
1976 Albin 25 Hull 2529
Swells
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Swells »

I don't have an estimate yet but they did get in touch with me to tell they're working on it. I'll do a follow-up on the carpeting when I hear back from them. Have to say the Deckadence sounds good. I'm getting tired of replacing our carpets every year so I don't mind making a bit of an investment if I know it's going to last.
Swells
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Swells »

Well we went with the Deckadence carpeting and we're very pleased with it. After replacing carpet every year I wanted something that would last beyond one season. This carpeting is great - it's padded and feels nice under foot (even bare feet) and muffles engine noise to boot. It sits firmly on the floor without slipping and even seams line up and lay flat without joining. To clean it we just lift it out, give it a shake and put it back. The cost to do forward cabin and wheelhouse was $800. The only problem was finding a supplier. There have been some issues with supply from the manufacturer. However, I got mine from Kirby Carpet Binding in Kelowna, B.C. He was incredibly helpful and cut the carpet for free (we made our own template). If interested he still has a supply of 3 colors: Khaki, white and Deck Grey (what we bought). He's expecting more stock and colours in the near future. Here's his contact info: email: jappotter@shaw.ca
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”