• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 37 Palm Beach Trawler, Double Cabin

PenBayCruiser
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Camden, ME

Albin 37 Palm Beach Trawler, Double Cabin

Post by PenBayCruiser »

I've been looking at a couple of the 37' Palm Beach Trawlers on line. The port/stb cabin door layout along with the nice wide walk around decks are similar to our Spindrift's layout. So along with the nice accommodations, fly bridge & transom door makes this an appealing boat for us.

My current downeast hull, woodie, pilot house cabin cruiser has a semi-displacement full keel hull. She's very stable and predictable. The hull photos I've see of the Palm Beach looks like shallow semi-vee. How do owners of these boats find their low speed handling, ie manuevering through tight harbors & marines and docking. I frequently dock, single handed, onto a float with a cross wind against me so not getting blown off the dock before getting at least one line secured is important.

I'd appreciate any input about these boats.
PenBayCruiser
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Camden, ME

Re: Albin 37 Palm Beach Trawler, Double Cabin

Post by PenBayCruiser »

Like to hear from Greatlaker221 and marvwein if you folks are on here. Marvwein had one for sale, did that sell? Thanks
Greatlaker221
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Kenosha, WI

Re: Albin 37 Palm Beach Trawler, Double Cabin

Post by Greatlaker221 »

Sorry just saw this post, Unfortunately, I cant help you yet. I am still restoring Tortuga and have not put her in the water yet. Think Spring!

Return to “36/37/40/43”