• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2006 TE Faucet Water has stopped running.

kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

2006 TE Faucet Water has stopped running.

Post by kowal_53 »

Has anyone had experience their water stop flowing from their sink faucets? New faucets are pricy, and pain to get at. It seems like it might just might be clogged. It ran red during winterization. This spring it worked for a brief moment, and them nothing. The bathroom sink is fine.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 2006 TE Faucet Water has stopped running.

Post by zinbaad »

Went to home depot and bought two nice single handle bar faucets, problems served looks great also for $80, installed in 1/2 hour,,,,, or might just be a clogged strainer

:)
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

kowal: Yes, did have that this problem with my former Albin 35te. There are two places to look. There is a small filter for water coming out of the tank. It will catch whatever, but the problem has to do with a kind of flaking of the alum..from inside the water tank. All you need do is clean it's wire filter and all should work fine. If as you describe other faucets are working fine then it is a filter problem in the faucet itself. Just screw off the tip of the faucet which contains the filter. I had this problem both the galley sink and later at at sink on outside cabinet.
whwells "Howard"
ScubaPete
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford, Virginia

Post by ScubaPete »

I have a similar problem, in that the galley faucet works fine for the cold water, but only a slight flow from the hot side. Other faucets in the boat have good pressure on both hot and cold. I took the faucet valve out on the hot side, turned the water pump on briefly and had plenty of water right at the base, but still not much at all when I put it all back together. I even switched valves from the hot and cold sides, and same results.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Scuba Pete I had the same problem with my hot water side of the faucet even though water would pour out of the supply hose when it was disconnected. I realized that there must be something clogging the inside of the faucet. So I plugged the end of the hot water hose and the end of the faucet. I opened the hot water valve and placed a bucket under the faucet. I turned on the water pressure and opened the cold water faucet so water would be forced backward through the hot water side. I never saw what came out but that fixed the problem.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

There are seats in the faucet that can plug. The reason the others appear fine is that the debris went to what faucet you opened.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

Can the seats be gotten to from above?
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Some yes... It depends. Take the handle off and look if you can unscrew the stem assembly for access.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
addon323
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Ann Marina, Gloucester, MA

Post by addon323 »

I have the exact same issue on my galley faucet but it was the cold water that was not flowing. I took the cold water handle off and reseeded it, tightened it back on the body and it worked for another month. Now I think I am going to just replace it since there is no pressure again. ...
Family Ties
2000 31' Albin w/ Single Cummins 450 HP
Lobstabuoy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Post by Lobstabuoy »

I am having the exact issues with my hot water galley faucet. Removed the handle but cannot seem to remove the valve stem. Is there a trick to its removal? standard CCW rotation ? Don't want to damage the darn thing!
Thanks...

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”