• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bittersweet

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Bittersweet

Post by Tuxedo »

Well, Tuxedo is gone. A very nice couple from near Washington, NC bought her. I invited them to join the board. I'll still hang around.

They say the best 2 days of owning a boat is the day you buy her and the day you sell her. I don't know, it feels strange to be without an Albin. Tuxedo served me well.
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Anyone who believes that saying should never have bought a boat in the first place. I believe that the saddest day is, by far, the day you watch someone else sail off into the sunset aboard a boat on which you formed years of memories with family and friends. The only consolation is that, perhaps, they will make memories of their own.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I agree. There is nothing happy about seeing your boat pull away from the pier with a new captain at the helm. I watched my last boat get picked up by truck and taken away. The new owner was in Latvia.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

I sold my last boat just a month ago and the new owners were just going to drive her away to another marina. The day they were going to leave they had a snag with someone who was going to help them and asked me if I could drive her around. I felt like a dog finding a lost toy and the tail started wagging. After I backed her in and tied her up in her new home I patted her and said goodbye.
Dont get me wrong I was glad to sell her but like Mariner said there were alot of memories.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Saying goodbye to our last boat, unfortunately, was little more heartbreaking. We had to watch as she burned in the largest fire I've ever seen in my life. Fortunately, by the time I arrived on the scene, the roof of the marina had already collapsed onto the boat and I believe she had already sunk, so there wasn't much to see. However, there is a video of the start of the fire, and you can plainly see our boat catch fire as the person behind the camera is saying something to the effect of, "Oh, it's spreading to that boat!" Gut-wrenching.
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

Wow! that is a hard one to follow, watching your boat go up in flames! With ours, after 19 great years, we donated her to the SPCA. A Cris Craft 210 Ltd with over 1400 hours on her mercruiser. She started right up and we drove her on the trailer as the guy was telling us how he got a lot of money for parts. When he looked inside he was amazed to see that she was in great shape. I think we saw the boat on the water 2 weeks ago. Wish we had a camera.
Time Out Annapolis
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Sold mine 8 months ago

Post by Legacy »

I sold my Albin 28 in January and it's still being stored, eight months later, in a slip a few marinas down from me on Boston Harbor. The new owner will be boating in Michigan and just hasn't shipped her yet. No idea why not. Seeing her periodically just sitting collecting dust is a bit sad ofter 8 great seasons. Of course I see her from our 35!

Enjoy the rest of the summer all!
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I sold my last boat on the day I signed the papers on my new boat. I guess thats a case of double happiness :D :D
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

I got one that may beat you all. When we moved from the Grady 22 to the Albin 28 the Grady went directly across the canal to our opposite neighbor. We see her (the boat) every day summer and winter, in the water and on the hard. Definitely odd, but it's almost like making sure your old friend is still looked after and getting proper care.
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Well, I didn't add, I sold my boat to my wife's ex.....LOL..so in a perverted sort of way it's still in the family, he gained a boat, I gained a wife and step son...and a Albin :wink:
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

chiefrcd wrote:Well, I didn't add, I sold my boat to my wife's ex.....LOL..so in a perverted sort of way it's still in the family, he gained a boat, I gained a wife and step son...and a Albin :wink:
Hands Down - You Win!!!! Question is, when each of you are experiencing problems do you call up the previous owner? :shock:
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

I sold my father in-laws boat this past Sunday. Thankfully it only spent 30 days on a trailer in my yard / very, very happy :D . Sold my 17' Boston Whaler Montauk in 1998 very, very sad :( . I spent my first date with the Admiral on that Whaler. The Gloucester Harbor master's office bought her for harbor duty / they destroyed her in 2 seasons :cry: . On to the next boat the American Intentional (bought out by Larson)Center Console which I sold to some guys from Bellingham, WA.. Happy and Sad as I already owned the Albin. Watched her go away on a trailer with 3 other boats headed to the west coast. Boy, I loved that boat. Now she is with an outfit running island tours. Mariner or any of you Washington guys, let me know if you see her. She was the the 1st PITOU and now I believe WAHOO. Here is a photo of her and a link to their site down below.

[img][img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/ ... inized.jpg[/img][/img]http://www.vmatours.com/
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I'll never sell my Boston Whaler. My grandkids' grandkids will get their feet wet on that boat.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Mariner wrote:I'll never sell my Boston Whaler. My grandkids' grandkids will get their feet wet on that boat.
I sure do wish I still had that Boston Whaler. My grandfather bought that boat for my brothers and I and I ended up with her and ran her for 24 years. Regrets. The Admiral wishes we had her too. She misses those easy beach runs with her girlfriends. I know that there is some sort of skiff in my future.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “General Discussion”