• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Northwest Ohio

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Erie Floater
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Port Clinton,Ohio

New Member Northwest Ohio

Post by Erie Floater »

Dave and Jenny. Longtime boater (Lake Erie,Lake Cumberland, Ohio River) trailer boat, houseboat ,small cruiser. Sea Ray fan but Albin lover. Saw my first 28TE 10 yrs ago in Port Clinton and was hooked. Alas,none to be found (freshwater) nearby when we bough our current Sea Ray. We are now hoping to hold out for a 30 Family cruiser. I love the old Taiwan made trawlers too but have developed an allergy to teak.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: New Member Northwest Ohio

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Welcome to the board. Don't know if it interests you but there is a 32+2 for sale in Ohio. Not quite a 30fc but they are nice boats in general.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Erie Floater
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Erie Floater »

There is a 34 FC available also, but the 30 FC fits our needs better.
Thanks for the info though.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Allergic to teak! Not good. I developed an allergy to redwood sawdust. Fortunately they cut the last one down 50 years ago. Welcome aboard! 30 feet oughta do it.
Erie Floater
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Erie Floater »

Thanks,
Really it is not the teak per se but all of the work involved in keeping it nice. I would dearly like one of the classic trawlers but I am don't want all the work. We think the 30 FC would be ideal for how we want to boat now. Decent accomodations but still able to be trailered. With permit of course.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

I thought that might be the true source of your allergy. I took you literally and seriously. I used to have a job that would occasionally give me eye trouble. I couldn't see being there.
Welcome and good luck on the search!

Return to “New Member Introductions”