• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2017 Chesapeake Rendezvous

June 23rd - 25th - Zahniser's Marina
Coordinator: Vicki Lathom and Barry Miller (902dlw)
http://www.zahnisers.com
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Re: 2017 Chesapeake Rendezvous

Post by kowal_53 »

Just signed up today. See everyone on Friday this June. I might be coming in Thursday and possibly anchoring out for the evening. (Temperature depending) Any recommendations?
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Sara and I plan to be there.
Made our reservation today. Coming in on Friday afternoon if all goes according to plan.

John & Sara
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Made reservations today, hope to get there on Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
GOING COASTAL
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PASADENA .Maryland

Post by GOING COASTAL »

Hi,
Just bought our Albin last year, this will be our first rendezvous....looking forward to it.
Tom and Terri Messick
35 CB
Going Coastal
902dlw
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Severn River, Annapolis, MD

Post by 902dlw »

Update
We now have 15 boats. Terry at Zanhisers says she still doesn't have all of you registered. Please contact her by deadline of March 31. 410-326-2166, x102 or terry@zahnisers.com. $25 deposit.

I've hit a wall on a speaker. Zanhisers doesn't have a meeting room, only an outdoor area with tent over it. This is not good for any projector-oriented presentation, so the potential speakers I have talked to can't do it. If anyone has an idea, let us know....or maybe there are some members who can talk on a subject(s).... Can't control the venue.

Vicki and Barry
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

Hello, Just talked to Terry at Zanhiser's and made a reservation for a slip on Sat. jun. 24 we plan to pick up a mooring ball on fri. She did not mention the Mar. 31 deadline so all is well for we Late ones I suppose. Looking forward to our cruise. We plan to spot a car in Deltaville before we leave S.C. in late may. The plan is to leave in late May then take the car back and attend our Daughters wedding on Jun. 17 in Ohio, if all goes as planed we will be there. Joe and Janet Lockhart, on Salty Dog
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
1270 KI
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sassafras River

Post by 1270 KI »

We are fairly new to the Albin owners group and would love to attend a rendezvous with other owners in Solomons. I have the wrong email address listed on our profile and have tried to change it. Please send any information to JKtemp49@yahoo.com. We defintely want to attend.

Judy T
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mike »

Mike and Beth on Time Out will be rolling in on Saturday. Reservation in. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Time Out Annapolis
vlathom
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: annapolis, md

Post by vlathom »

Update on rendezvous, June 23, 24 weekend:

We have 17 boats...(applause)
Saturday, we can have our potluck dinner on the lawn. There will be a tent, tables and chairs (no need to bring your own), charcoal grills. We need people to bring things. Barry and I will bring a ham with small rolls and paper products (plates, paper towels, spoons, forks), mustard, ketchup, salt, pepper. Can people bring other things like charcoal, maybe some hamburgers and hotdogs with rolls, side dishes like potato salad, cold slaw or your own creation, corn, whatever. The more the merrier.

Zanhiser's monitors channel 9 and there is staff until 6 pm. Phone: 410 326 2166 answered until 4:30 pm.

Sunday: there is a brunch 10 am to 2 pm at the Dry Dock at Zanhiser's for those interested (not sponsored by the organization). Marina check out is 12:30 pm.

Vicki Lathom and Barry Miller
"Balboita," 36 ET
vlathom@gmail.com
410 266 6959
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Sorry to bring potentially bad news. Mazboot suffered a transmission failure this weekend, and depending on "time to fix" we may be boatless at the rendezvous. Will let you know ASAP, and keep host marina informed. If she is still inoperative, we will still come down, but via Subaru.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
vlathom
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by vlathom »

Your organizers need some help. We are relative newbies to the organization, so we don't have a clear idea of what's expected for Saturday night. How do you all usually do this so that you don't end up with 500 hamburgers and hotdogs? What time does it usually begin? There are some other newbies coming too and we don't know how to advise them.

Vicki and Barry
"Balboita"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

Normally we have the pot luck cookout in the evening around dinner time. We just need to make sure we have an area with grills.

To provide some control over the food, in the past I have simply created a topic here and asked people to post what they are bringing. It becomes self regulating as people see that there is plenty of one thing and bring something else. The big items are the hamburgers, hot dogs, plates, plastic ware, condiments, etc. Maybe a few boats could go together on all of this as their contribution. Or someone could bring it all and collect a contribution from each boat to spread the cost.

By the way, the status of Quest for the rendezvous is up in the air. She is currently on the hard for some significant repairs. Right now I don't know the schedule but I think it is likely it won't be finished in time. I may be attending by car.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
vlathom
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by vlathom »

Thanks, Lou. I've set up a topic for everyone to post what they're bringing.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Unfortunately Mazboot will be undergoing transmission surgery while other Albins are getting together at Solomons. Georgia and I will be traveling to Solomons by Subaru and bringing chili and fixins.

We hope up to be up and running the following weekend, and trundling over to Tilghman's to complete the aborted trip that ended so embarrassingly 2 weekends ago, and then on to the Chester and Choptank rivers.

Work on Mazboot is being done by Hidden Harbor Marina mechanics (removal of transmission and damper plate, and reinstallation) and Maryland Transmissions (rebuild) in Churchton, MD, who came highly recommended by an AOG member and several local watermen. I'll keep AOG informed, but I am confident that MT will live up to expectations.

Looking on this as an opportunity to complete some woodworking projects that didn't get done during winter layup.

BTW - I will no longer be skirting the sandbar in Herring Bay. The TowBoatUS guy, who is local, went straight over it without issue. The charts give 3-5 feet, and local knowledge says that this is optimistic; however, we had 5 feet under the keel at lower water when we went over it, so I will be (carefully) trying to repeat this when we go out again - saving an annoying dogleg through the crabpots in Herring Bay.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

So sorry to hear about Mazboot Doug! Glad you have a completion date though! Sounds like a fun trip planned. See you and Georgia soon!
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida

Return to “11th Annual Chesapeake Rendezous”