• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Details

July 7th - 9th - Bell Harbor Marina
Coordinators- Denise Baker and Carol Reynolds
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Rendezvous Details

Post by dkircher »

Hi all,

Denise has made reservations for 10 boats for the nights of July 7 and 8. If there is interest beyond the ten boats, I believe there is still time to increase the number of reserved slips. If you haven't let us know about your plans to attend, please PM or email: d2kircher@msn.com.

Between now and late June (at least two weeks before the event), please contact Bell Harbor Marina directly to secure your reservation. Their number is: 206-787-3952. Mention you are with the Albin Owners Group.

See you at the rendezvous.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Re: Rendezvous Details

Post by coolchange »

Hi all...Jan and I are back from a terrific trip across the Atlantic and through Spain and Greece ending up in Rome for a few days and now it's time to get serious about cleaning up and going boating.

I have made a reservation at Bell Harbor and am ready to ?????

Is anyone else planning on going ? Is there anything I/we can do to help make this great?

We will probably launch in Olympia and be heading up with a few travel days prior...and then going off to an unknown place after. How's that for vague?
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Hi Albin Owners,,

Our July 7-9 Albin rendezvous will be at Bell Harbor Marina in downtown Seattle. We have paid to hold slips B1-B10 under "Albin Owners Group" for that weekend. This hold will be only be in place until 2 weeks before our cruise (or until June 22, 2017). So you will need to lock in your reservation to make sure you have a slip for our weekend.

To lock in your reservations for that weekend, here is what you need to do:
*Call Bell Harbor Marina at 206-787-3952.
*Pay the 1st night of moorage for your boat. You will pay the rest of your moorage for that weekend when you arrive at Bell Harbor Marina on the weekend of July 7.
*Since Dave and I paid $5 for each slip to hold our 10 spots, please repay us that $5 sometime during our weekend.

I have asked Bell Harbor Marina to set up a tent and tables for us, so we can have a Friday evening pot luck, meet and greet.

We will reserve tables at Anthony's restaurant (located adjacent to Bell Harbor Marina on the waterfront) for Saturday night. If you would like to have dinner at Anthony's let me know - and how many you think will be coming in your party - so I can tell them how many seats we will need for our group. Here is the Anthony's website if you want to know more about this restaurant:

https://www.anthonys.com/restaurants/de ... s-pier-66/

We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Denise (and Dave)
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Hi again Pacific NW Albin Owners,

A reminder to make your reservations for the July rendezvous. Just contact Bell Harbor Marina before June 22nd and tell them you will be joining the Albin Rendezvous Group and reserve your slip. If you have any questions, please contact Dave or Denise at: d2kircher@msn.com.

We hope to see you there!
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

Just wondering: Is anyone else planning on being in Seattle (Bell Harbor)? I have heard Dennis Spain will be there with his 36 Albin and I have made my deal with Bell....anyone else?
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

We'll be there.

John and Carol

Blue Moon
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Mike Almvig
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Anacortes, WA

Post by Mike Almvig »

I will be there!

Just booked my moorage with Bell Harbor and will descend upon the evening dinner with my immediate family. They seem to like you guys... go figure....

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Mike
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Hi Northwest Albin Owners,

Our 2017 Rendezvous is fast approaching. If you haven't already, please contact the Bell Harbor Marina directly and reserve a slip and send Denise and me an email confirming your attendance (d2kircher@msn.com) Marina details are provided above. The deadline for securing a slip is June 22, 2017.

As of today, June 13, we have six boats signed up. Denise and I will attend by land, since our Albin sold last month.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the rendezvous. Carol is making dinner reservations for Friday evening at the nearby Anthony’s.

Cheers
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
wavedweller
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wavedweller »

Rand and Elizabeth Lien will be there,
Kindred Spirit - 2006 Albin 40 North Sea Cutter Hull # 11
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rendezvous Details - Final Reminder

Post by dkircher »

Pacific NW Albin Owners,

The rendezvous is just around the corner. Some of you have received an email from the Reynolds about the rendezvous schedule.
Here is a summary of the events:

Potluck appetizers on the dock around 5:00 on Friday, the 7th

A group dinner at Anthony's for Saturday, July 8, at 6:30.

A potluck brunch on Sunday, July 9 at 10:00.

There is still time to join us if you haven't contacted Bell Street Marina to reserve a slip. The deadline is June 22nd. We hope to see you at the rendezvous!
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Hi to all the PNW gang. Was crossing my fingers hoping to be ready for the meetup at Bell Harbor, but I just got her running yesterday and visitors showed up for the weekend.

I hope you all have a fine time and the weather is absolutely perfect, how lucky can you get in June in Seattle!?

We shall meet one of these days. Best regards from the cabin boy of the Willie C.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Hi Willie.
The Rendezvous is July 7 - 9.

Saw your boat when we cruised down Hood Canal in April. Come on up to Port Ludlow on the 6th and then down to Bell Harbor on the 7th.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Thank you, Joreyn. Wow, how could I miss the details of the date?? I guess my mind has been elsewhere lately. I have a Canal neighbor who also owns a condo in Belltown, right above the harbor in Seattle and I must have confused his boat excursions. Maybe it was the reservation deadline.

I wish you had stopped by in April, though I understand once you get underway, you keep moving. WillieC was firmly on the hard then but in clear view of the Canal. We just finished close-to-home sea trials and first oil change and valve adjust so she's ready to go. Full house over the Fourth and I may be deeply involved in paybacks shortly after. Favorite (last surviving) uncle made me an offer I couldn't refuse, Godfather style (not really).

Port Ludlow is certainly doable, will be in touch if I am available.

Best regards, RA (WillieC)
Limelight
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Schooner Cove, Nanoose Bay, BC Canada

PNW rendevous

Post by Limelight »

Hello there - we are presently moored at Montague Harbour Marine Park, B.C and thinking about making our way south to attend the rendevous. A couple of questions:

1. Is there space available for us?
2. What is the preferred route to transit from our position here to Seattle?
3. Anything else we need to know or pay attention to?

Thnaks,
Lance and Laurie
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Lance and Laurie, call the marina (206-787-3952) to see if they can get you in. We did not completely use our allotment of slips, and we did have a cancellation, so there's a good chance. They'll want a credit card number to reserve the slip. We can definitely get you into Anthony's Pier 66 restaurant for the group dinner.

I would recommend the following route:
Cross Boundary Pass from Plumper sound to San Juan Channel as though you are going to Friday Harbor. Clear customs in Friday Harbor. From there, proceed East between Shaw Islands and Lopez Island An then SE to Thatcher Pass. Continue East To Anacortes, and the South through the Swinomish Channel (watch your depth) past the town of LaConner to Saratoga Passage. Follow Saratoga South past Oak Harbor and Langley (on Whidbey Island) and eventually you will enter North Puget Sound. From there, Seattle is due South. Just follow the East shore of Puget Sound Past Edmonds, Shilshole, Alki Point, and enter Elliot Bay. Bell Harbor marina is North of the state ferry terminal (you'll see the ferries coming and going). It's right beneath the Pike Place Market.

This route avoids some of the rougher water, such as Strait of Juan De Fuca and Admiralty Inlet. If the weather is excellent and the waves are not to bad, the faster route is across Juan De Fuca and South down Admiralty Inlet. The suggested route adds about 20 miles, but is more sheltered.

If you want to break the trip up, LaConner and Langley are both good stops with good restaurants and shops.

Bell Harbor Monitors 66A.

Be sure to let us know if you come.

- Carol
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler

Return to “7th Annual PNW Rendezvous”