• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Amateur Radio Flag

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Amateur Radio Flag

Post by Yearwood »

There is an interesting flag to be seen flying above the waters of the Pacific Northwest and over many oceans of the world. It identifies the waterborne amateur radio operators in much the same way as the call letter license plates identify the motoring ham ashore. Ron Drinkwater,VE7AIX, conceived and designed it and it was first offered
to members of the British Columbia Amateur Radio Boaters Net.

The idea of the boaters flag caught on immediately and requests for the flag came from far and wide. To date it is flying in 15 countries of the world 33 U.S. States and nine Canadian provinces.So far over 650 flags have been sent to marine amateurs from the east coast of the U.S. Baja Mexico, the South Pacific, Australia and New Zealand and the Mediterranean.

See the image at:-

http://www.nauticapedia.ca/Gallery/Flag ... _Radio.php
Don
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Amateur Radio Flag

Post by whwells »

Don: It is a beautiful flag. Hope to see it one day (maybe this summer on cruise north from Anacortes). Thanks for the posting.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge Conv.
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22
Gypsyjon
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Apalachicola Florida

Post by Gypsyjon »

I wonder how one can purchase that flag?

Jon Goodson
KM4UJP
Yearwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Yearwood »

No idea!
Don

Return to “Electronics”