• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

32 + 2 deck flex question

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

32 + 2 deck flex question

Post by Cocoa Jack »

I was looking at a 32 + 2 yesterday and I noticed that there was some slight flexing of the deck halfway between the windlass and where the very front of the cuddy starts as I walked on it. I was wondering if this is normal for this part of the boat?
Thanks
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
Dr Luke
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Harbor Marina, Waretown, NJ

Re: 32 + 2 deck flex question

Post by Dr Luke »

My 2000 32+2 is solid there, and I’m not a lightweight. That sounds like i t needs a very close look!
Paul

2000 32+2: Poco Loco
1992 Boston Whaler 23 Walkaround: UnLeashed
Dr Luke
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Harbor Marina, Waretown, NJ

Post by Dr Luke »

I Where did you see this boat?
Paul

2000 32+2: Poco Loco
1992 Boston Whaler 23 Walkaround: UnLeashed
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cocoa Jack »

St. Pete area.
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
scfgfmn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wrangell, AK

Post by scfgfmn »

On my 32, I had the same problem. Neg. 8000 off price for soft foredeck. Water intrusion somewhere around windlass. Hired out foredeck glass top removed and balsa mush removed with new honeycomb core and all new glass for about 3000. Should have done it myself after watching. Lesson I learned, do a little research with quotes, negotiate to your benefit, and it seems all balsa core will have this problem sometime, somewhere. Good luck.
;
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cocoa Jack »

scfgfmn wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:22 pm On my 32, I had the same problem. Neg. 8000 off price for soft foredeck. Water intrusion somewhere around windlass. Hired out foredeck glass top removed and balsa mush removed with new honeycomb core and all new glass for about 3000. Should have done it myself after watching. Lesson I learned, do a little research with quotes, negotiate to your benefit, and it seems all balsa core will have this problem sometime, somewhere. Good luck.
;
Thanks for the information. If this is the only area with a soft spot I will most likely buy the boat. I suspected that the windlass is probably the culprit. The weird thing is that it is not soft directly behind the windlass...
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
scfgfmn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wrangell, AK

Post by scfgfmn »

Ahoy Capt. Jack
What ever became of your dilemma? Just curious if you bought, and if you did, did you get it fixed?

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”