• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 32+2 height on a trailer

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Dr Luke
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Harbor Marina, Waretown, NJ

Albin 32+2 height on a trailer

Post by Dr Luke »

Does anyone know how tall the load is when a 32+2 Command Bridge is on a low-boy marine trailer? The radar arch and related structures will be removed, the rail along the top of the bridge will probably be left on, but can be removed as the plexiglass is no longer present. The boat will be trucked from SW Florida to New Jersey.
Paul

2000 32+2: Poco Loco
1992 Boston Whaler 23 Walkaround: UnLeashed
Mpayne
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stamford CT

Re: Albin 32+2 height on a trailer

Post by Mpayne »

i decided to run our 32+2 from Ft Myers to Ct on it own bottom rather than truck it. too much danger that the plexiglass would not fir when the truck arrived
Dr Luke
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Harbor Marina, Waretown, NJ

Post by Dr Luke »

How was the trip? When I contemplated it, looked like 2 weeks from Punta Gorda to Barnegat bay NJ... I found a great trucker to move Poco Loco. Not the cheapest, but detail oriented and had good equipment.
Paul

2000 32+2: Poco Loco
1992 Boston Whaler 23 Walkaround: UnLeashed
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Post by thomaslong »

Did anyone ever determine or know where to find the height of a 32+2 on a trailer? I am trying to transport the boat from St. Pete to New Orleans.
jmfernan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Santa Barbara, CA

Post by jmfernan »

I shipped my 32+2 from Charleston SC to Ventura CA last fall. The boat has a hard top and integral welded bimini which had to be removed for shipping. With the top removed overall height was well under the max height (I measured roughly 12' from bottom of keel to top of venturi windshield. The top removal required a crane and some creative racking on the tow vehicle, but they made it work.

I used Caj Flynn from www.flynnmarine.com. One of his employees/partners used a non-hydraulic triple axle trailer, so a travelift was needed on both ends of the trip. They were responsive and professional and the boat arrived on time and in good shape. They communicated regularly and sent pictures of the boat when loaded and removed. Cost was $8k for the tow, but remember to include the top removal/reinstall if appropriate. Hydraulic trailer would be more $.

Finally, be sure to drain the muffler- the boat ships nose down and water in the muffler would otherwise flow back into the engine.

Joe
1999 32+2 CB
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by thomaslong »

Great information and thanks. I will keep the muffler in mind when the boat gets hauled.
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by thomaslong »

By the way, how do you drain the muffler? Tilt the boat back when it's hauled?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

thomaslong wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:58 pm By the way, how do you drain the muffler? Tilt the boat back when it's hauled?
... and most mufflers are fitted with a drain plug. :wink:
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Skylark54
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, FL

Post by Skylark54 »

I just purchased a 32+2 from Oyster Bay, NY. Had a captain bring it down. He left after the last nor'easter and it took him only 6 days to get it to Punta Gorda. Cost a lot less than transporting it and didn't damage the boat. I have talked to surveyors who claim they are accused of doing a bad job when the boat arrives by trailer and there are cracks in the fiberglass. I have the name of a good captain who transports boats all over the east coast and even goes to TX.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”