• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

It's that time of year again!

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's that time of year again!

Post by Denis »

I scheduled my boat to come out on November 1st. the worst day of the year for me. :cry:
We had our first year at our new marina. We enjoyed the new location closer to Mystic and all that has to bring to the table. It was sad to leave our friends at the old dock where we were for fifteen years, but things work out. We bought our slip where we are now, this time of year used to be expensive paying for next years slip rental plus winter storage, now there is no expense. I guess that more than makes up for moving! :lol:
I have some items on the list other than winterizing the engine and water system. I want to check the cutless bearing and do a complete cleaning of the bilge from front to back. Everything else is working fine.
What is on your agenda, when are you coming out and what work do you have to do?
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Sadness. I'm on the hard! :cry: Contract end date was Oct 12th / hauled October 15th. Put 131 hours on the analog. Snapped a photo on haul day.

With the beautiful weather in the upper 70's the past couple of days I took advantage and played a little afternoon hookey and compounded and waxed below the rub rail and she sure looks good. One less project for the spring launch. 8)

It sure is sad, but battening down the hatches for winter is approaching and fall projects are at hand. The freeze is usually in the ground by December 7.

[/img]Image
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Not yet. I pulled the boat the last week of October last year and the weather turned nice. I'm holding out to the last minute this year.

Sunday was a beautiful day on Narragansett Bay ... Sailboats were out in force and the bluefish were biting everywhere.

My nephew with a nice fish ..

former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

In the water and ready to go, 365 days a year. I'm looking forward to some winter Dungie crabbing.

I did strip all the cushions and deck gear off the boat the other day in anticipation of a winter storm that never really materialized. Yesterday was sunny and 75 and had I not been overwhelmed at work, I would have been on the water enjoying it. Today, we're back to our old grey skies. :(
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

Mariner,

Dito on that!! Ocean fishing will be shutting down soon with the winter storms, but bay fishing for sturgeon and sharks will go on through out the winter. I hope to try for some salmon before the season ends in a few weeks. It's been a slow year for salmon down here.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Rock on boys, rock on. Oh..shoot you guys call them Stripers...sorry...Striper on boys Striper on.......

Yep. Season is just getting cranked up in VA, in fact it still pretty early for the big stripers to be here. We fish in the bay until December 31 and then switch off to the ocean. Last year I was feeshn' in February off Virginia Beach in quite a snow storm, temps about 28 degrees. Come on ladies...no time to be hauling out....... 8)
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

chiefrcd wrote: Come on ladies...no time to be hauling out....... 8)
I am usually able to stay in until the end of October, but in the river contracts end the middle of October and all marinas seem to be running quite the military operation this year with slip fingers and most gangways out already with the exception of one T for staging those coming in from other areas to prepare to haul.

When it gets on to this time of year I start to question "why do I live here" :?
Time to turn the sights to other pleasures.

Well Chief, I guess Virginia is for boaters!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

My nephew with a nice fish ..

Image[/quote]

Nice Fish! Bad Hat!
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pitou »

Elizabeth Ann wrote: Nice Fish! Bad Hat!
Go Pats / Sox tonight!

Jack and crew have it down. Have seen a few photos of Dogonit / Capt. wearing a Sox cap and now the crew with a Pats cap. That'll bring ya fish'n luck :!:
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “General Discussion”