• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35 CB with 3 berth layout

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
Tnathan
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Arnold, MD

35 CB with 3 berth layout

Post by Tnathan »

Hello,

As many of you, I am a sailor at heart but with little kids my wife would like to get the kids air conditioning, not have to dodge a boom, and be able to get off the water when we need to, which has lead me to the Albins since I like the Downeaster look. I ran across an old advertisement for a 2004 35 CB with port side bunkbeds. This layout really appeals to me rather than dropping the dining table and putting the kids (or guests) in the main salon, but I haven't run across any 3 bearth 35 CBs for sale. Most seem to have the reading desk layout instead.

Does anyone know much about the 3 bearth layout? When were they made? Any idea how many are out there? If I keep looking is one of these likely to come on the market, or was the one I saw a hen's-tooth, custom job that is unlike to pop up again in the near future. And since I am interested, does anyone have any leads on one of these that might be coming on the market soon? Thanks.

Tim
GOING COASTAL
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PASADENA .Maryland

Re: 35 CB with 3 berth layout

Post by GOING COASTAL »

Hi Tim,
When I was looking for my 35 CB there was a listing of the 3 birth layout in Ohio, it was factory but I believe it was rare , it didn't have the queen island berth but had two single births at the bow and maybe a filler cushion and an additional berth to port if memory serves me right. I don't know how to find how many were made . Good luck they are great boats
Jhill
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mystic

Post by Jhill »

Searched for over 4 months never found any real 35 ‘s with the side berth, they were all 32+2 models presented as a 35. There are a couple of variations to the side berth. One with upper & lower berth, very tight in the upper bunk . The second version is single berth with draws below. Well I finally gave in and bought 2004 35 in March from Standish Boat Yard in tiverton RI. If there were any 35 ‘s produced with a side berth arrangement Ken Standish would know!
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I have personally been aboard multiple 35CB's with double bunk room, they are out there. They were called Tr-Cabins. But yes, as you found out, they were not common in comparison to the twin cabin queen berth layout. Maybe 10:1 (twin:tri)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”