• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Raymarine C80 display problem

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Raymarine C80 display problem

Post by mjohnh »

I have a RayMarine C80 multi display. It works intermittently and then will go off/dark spontaneously .....I called RayMarine Tech support and they are helpful. I have a good power cord and the voltage is good at the display connection. Tech Support suggested (and I have read elsewhere) that it could be a loose "jockey board". Tech Support suggested that I get some Silicon ll and put it around and under the jockey board if it is loose.

PROBLEM....I don't know what the "jockey board" looks like. I have the display apart and have the board with all of the transistors, etc, exposed. Not sure which component is the "jockey board"

Can anyone describe it? I have a lot of round components....a square yellow one that says "high voltage"...there are a couple ribbon connectors that are bronze in color. Someone on another post some months ago thought that a ribbon connector with corrosion could explain this........

So, what is the jockey board; where is it and what color is it? How to determine if it is loose? Any other suggestions.

Thank you.....
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Raymarine C80 display problem

Post by RobS »

Jockey Board.....Not a clue...... wouldn’t it be best to get back on the line with tech support and get better specifics now that you have the unit open?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mjohnh »

SURE......hard to do on week-ends.......the wealth of knowledge , and well as the willingness to share it, on this board is often phenomenal and a great resource........someone here has experienced this issue and will respond if they read my post........
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mjohnh »

need a referral to a service tech for my display. RayMarine no longer services these units. Thank you
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mjohnh »

I found a marine electronics repair firm in Bradenton, Fl. I sent it in and in 9 days it was back and in perfect working order with a 1 year warranty. $375.00 plus shipping. It works as new. If anyone needs the name of the firm, message me and I will provide it. I do not want to post it here as I am not a shill for any company, but will help any poster by message. Thanks to those who helped me on this one.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

You could post this in the section on links and recommendations.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Electronics”