• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Paddywagon44
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: New York

Post by Paddywagon44 »

New member from New York looking for a 28TE.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Paddywagon, should not be to hard to find a good 28, think some are offered on the form. If it fits your needs it’s hard to beat Albins, sound boats for the money. Happy hunting.
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Keyport NJ

Post by Nancy's Promise »

There is a nice one at Jonathan Fosters Yacht Sales in MD.
Paddywagon44
Deckhand
Deckhand

28 TE

Post by Paddywagon44 »

Ty Mark and Nancy !
Checked out the 28 TE on Johnathon Fosters website. Nice looking rig. Wonder what cruise speed would be with the 270 HP Cummins.
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have the yanmar 315 and love it.
Paddywagon44
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Paddywagon44 »

NancysPromise,
What year is your 315 Yanmar ? Apparently you have no issues with it. What’s your cruise speed ? Approx him many MPG do you get at cruise ?
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member

2004 28 Flush desk. I bought the boat last year. I cruise at around 18 to 20 mph. I sailed the boat back from Mattituck Long Island to nj that took 6 hours and used 1/4 tank of fuel. So fuel mileage is incredible compared to gas.
Paddywagon44
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Paddywagon44 »

Those flush deck Albin’s are very nice ! Good luck with yours !
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Paddy wagon 44,
I have a 0628TE Flush deck with yanmar 315. Over the two seasons I have owned it I average 5.0 gal/hr at 3200/3300 rpm making about 14kts . Being a new Albin owner last year I was curious and created a spread sheet to track engine hours, fuel loaded, and nm run good by GPS. With all the slow cruise in and out of harbor , bucking seas and currents etc it works out to just under 2 nm/gal. The numbers are so consistent, I’m sure if Imused just “cruising speed” distance it would work out to close to 3nm/gal. Good luck on finding you boat. Brad
Capt Brad
Paddywagon44
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Paddywagon44 »

Brad,
Thanks for the info. I’ve heard so many different opinions regarding the yanmars. Glad to hear from someone who actually owns one. Seems yours runs great and is very efficient.
Regards,
Paddy
saltyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Morehead City, NC

Post by saltyboats »

Paddywagon44 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:32 pm New member from New York looking for a 28TE.
I am a new member as well and I am in the process of moving a 2001 28TE to survey. I will be based in Morehead City, NC. I am looking for any information regarding these boats, their systems, and the Yanmar 315. Being a New England native, I am somewhat familiar with the brand as they were and still are very popular in the northeast.
ltgoshen
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Port Royal South Carolina

Post by ltgoshen »

Hello from Beaufort SC.
Not an owner "YET" working on it. Was hoping someone might have an Idea for the fuel burn on Yanmar twins in the 02 area 36ET
I know there is a lot to consider. Normally loaded , WOT, Fast trawling Med speed and slow. I get it the faster you push the faster the fuel goes away. Just not sure what that means? Like what is the advertised range. Anyway thanks for having me on the site, I have been reading and searching for days. Great help reading.
Thanks again
LT
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

saltyboats wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:30 am
Paddywagon44 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:32 pm New member from New York looking for a 28TE.
I am a new member as well and I am in the process of moving a 2001 28TE to survey. I will be based in Morehead City, NC. I am looking for any information regarding these boats, their systems, and the Yanmar 315. Being a New England native, I am somewhat familiar with the brand as they were and still are very popular in the northeast.
I got a 2001 28TE with the Yanmar.
Owned it 13 months and ran it about 140 hours so far.
Fuel economy is ok, but not great if the boat is loaded down: I see quite a difference between full fuel and 3-4 guys with full water, stores, tools and spares versus empty, like night and day.
Still happy with the boat and the Yanmar, got an offer for $80k the other day and turned it down.
The Yanmar needs TLC to last long, no shortcuts accepted, but it should be loyal if pampered.
If you find a boat with good maintenance and all the records, like I did, go for it.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “New Member Introductions”