• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

‘New’ Member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
A251975
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Sequim,WA

‘New’ Member

Post by A251975 »

Hi,
Was a member years ago but Yahoo changed something and I was gone. Now I’m back. I’ve had a 1975 A25 for a dozen or so years. For several years it was a project in the desert (Albuquerque) but now is on the Olympic Peninsula in WA near Sequim. Since I like projects and cruise with the “project oriented”, there are several changes I’ve made to the boat: replaced engine and trans, added hardtop and swim platform, rebuilt upper rudder shaft log, added autopilot, windlass, refrigeration, washdown system, radar and tunnel bow thruster. The boat now has a Westerbeke (Mitsubishi) 35B three with 17x14 rh prop. Cruises @ 6.5 knots and max a couple of knots more. So far, I’ve been running around the San Juan and Gulf Islands and Puget Sound.
Jim Orban
Sequim (Diamond Point) WA
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: ‘New’ Member

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard, Jim! We were up at John Wayne Marina not long ago and found Blue Dolphin there, another A25. Would that be yours? We have a knack for stumbling across them every now and then. We were having lunch there and never miss an opportunity to walk the docks when we find them open. There is a great steel boat there, over in the corner of the marina that one day we hope to meet.

Sounds like some great improvements. If you ever get down our way, lower Hood Canal, let us know and we can swap stories.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Jim, sounds like you have a tricked out 25. It seems like with the smaller Albins they created a canvas that you can paint a boat to fit your personality. We have a 27 FC and decided to paint a long distance cruising boat. We are currently on our shake down cruise, going to spend two weeks or so traveling around making a list of what is working and what needs changing. Plans are to leave this April and spend six months or so doing Florida, Dry Tortugas and maybe the Bamahas. I hope you enjoy your boat as much as we do ours.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjpKcSYejEE

Wow, I thought I'd done a bunch of projects on our boat, but sounds like I'm a piker! Photos please!

Of course as WillieC can tell you, we also have spent time cruising San Juans, Gulf Islands, and last year made our 3rd trip up there since 2014, each time trailering up from Phoenix, last time going as far up as Comox & Desolation Sound after launching from Blaine, also cruising mostly at 6.5 knots, +/- currents. You can see a few of our photos in the Albin Cruising/Cruising subfolder.

We're also considering a return this coming summer, maybe with one or two of our sailboater friends bringing their boats along, an O'Day 25 & O'Day 272 for a little flotilla. We'd like to be in Sidney, or maybe Victoria, for Canada Day celebrations on July 1 as we did in 2016. Maybe we'll get a chance to meet up sometime.

Meanwhile, have you ever run across this Albin 25 named "Gladness" docked in Friday Harbor?
20160627_142511.jpg
20160627_143034.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”