• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

In hull Transducer for 36ET

GPS, Sonar, Radar, Fishfinder, etc. Discuss electronics installation and upgrades.
ltgoshen
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Port Royal South Carolina

In hull Transducer for 36ET

Post by ltgoshen »

So I want to update the electronics on my new to me Albin 33+3 more commonly known as a 36-Express Trawler Can I use a in hull transducer? or does it have to be hauled out and a hole cut in the bottom? While on that what are the pros and Cons of different set-ups?
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: In hull Transducer for 36ET

Post by DougSea »

Hi there!

I don't know what the construction of the 33+3's hull is, but there's a good chance it's cored. An "in hull" needs to shoot through solid fiberglass, so that wouldn't work. And if you decided to clean out the core and fit one - I wouldn't do that in the water!

Beyond that I don't have any experience with the in-hull type so can't offer an opinion on the pros and cons.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Electronics”