• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacing throttle cable on a Yanmar 6LPA

For 32, 32+2, 35, and 45 owners.
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Replacing throttle cable on a Yanmar 6LPA

Post by thomaslong »

The throttle cable has seized on my 32+2, and my mechanic says he will have to remove the headline and cut the tie wraps to install a new one. Has anyone had a similar experience and know if a way to replace the cable without tearing apart all the wiring from the helm to the engine?
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Replacing throttle cable on a Yanmar 6LPA

Post by catalina_mike »

Mine looks pretty easy to replace but there are a bunch of wire ties from the years of adding / replacing hoses and electrical. I wouldn't think it would take very long to do on my 28TE.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
jmfernan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Santa Barbara, CA

Post by jmfernan »

thomaslong wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:38 pm The throttle cable has seized on my 32+2, and my mechanic says he will have to remove the headline and cut the tie wraps to install a new one. Has anyone had a similar experience and know if a way to replace the cable without tearing apart all the wiring from the helm to the engine?
My shift and throttle cables pass through the area behind the helm, accessed from the cabin via an overhead hatch (stand on fwd-stbd corner of dinette and you can squeeze through to access back of helm). There is also access to the aft part of this area at the top of the stairs to the bridge, stbd side- remove the small tackle locker/cubby, mine is six screws. From there they drop to the engine area. If yours requires headliner removal you could cut it where visible, abandon it, then re-route the new cable as I describe.
Joe
1999 32+2
thomaslong
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Orleans

Post by thomaslong »

Great idea about the locker/cubby behind the helm chair. Forgot all about that. I'll check right away. Once again, this forum comes up with answers. Thanks.

Return to “Command Bridge 32-45”